1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

£80 for 350kg on 3 pallets

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Door2Door, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Door2Door

Door2Door

I have been quoted from my supllier £80 for 350kg on around 3 pallets from China to UK.

I have no idea about prices as awaiting quotes from uk but that seems awefully cheap.

:\

Thanks

:niceone:
  2. Oliver

Oliver

That sounds really cheap, far too cheap infact?

Costs me £45 for a Uk to Uk pallet service!
  3. Door2Door

Door2Door

Hmm...strange. Would you not buy from this supplier than?

I have another supplier with the same product offering a few cent more each item but FREE shipping to Felixstowe as im a new customer so they want to build a relationship.

They are both verified and GOLD members for years on Alibaba and the product isnt one many would choose to scam on and there other products the same.

All low value plastic kitchen things
  4. Sonny

Sonny

for a 15kg box from china to uk i pay £76 lol

i am really doubting that price, you know what they about things that are too good to be true.

lol
  5. Liquid_Gold

Liquid_Gold

Definitily to good to be true. Ive just payed roughly £60 for a 10kg delivery from china. I'd stay away.
  6. Door2Door

Door2Door

Yup!!! which sucks :( TWICE!!!

Guess I will still go for the FREE shipping person and see what happens, just make a small order of £650.

If they dont deliver its there loss as I have promised them more orders of different items and very large orders once a relationship has been made. They would be my main supplier and make 1000's from me each year so...to loose me over £650...pffft!!!

Time will tell...you will here from me in a month crying about £650 HaHa!!!
  7. Gary

Gary

Agree with the rest, far too cheap, I also wouldn't be so sure about the free shipping supplier on an order that large, one question though, are their cost prices higher than other suppliers? (as often people who quote free/low price shipping just up the purchase price to compensate).
  8. Door2Door

Door2Door

No thats the thing. the FREE shipping iis average price the $80 one was a few cent less per item but still worked out cheaper to go for FREE shipping.

I will get some shipping quotes and go back to both and say about it being to cheap
  9. gsnet

gsnet

Sonny. What shipping agent are you using to do 15KG for £76? Does that fee include the customs clearance fee as well?
  10. greedyboy

greedyboy

Guys you are comparing air prices to sea prices!!!
  11. Sonny

Sonny

Its UPS, i only arrange my own shipping if it is by sea so my supplier takes care of ups air shipping for me,

And no, that is the shipping charge you then have to pay

brokerage charge
    import tax
    vat
    But your supplier should take care of that for you, if not contact me with your needs :)

Sonny,
  12. gsnet

gsnet

Fair enough. I'm paying £79.20 for 15KG with volumetric conversion of 4000cc. That includes customs clearance and then the obvious taxes etc! Just wondered if we were using the same agent!