1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

0 Seller Protection !!

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by 1320star, Feb 4, 2020.

1. 1320star

1320star

Buyer returning a Genuine item, makes false claims as reason for return, I have to give full refund. I report it to ebay rep, advice is wait for item, do not refund, report buyer and we will assist.

Got item back today, its been opened and is damaged and not re-sellable as new, called eBay again, sorry not much we can do, asked to speak to a supervisor, waiting for a call back which will never happen. So will lose out on a £70 item. Just the joys of selling on eBay, and I thought they were getting better for helping sellers, just another sad story.
  2. Jed

Jed

Almost as bad as a PayPal policy update email I got recently which to outline stated they are not responsible for the item being returned to the seller due to local laws and cannot gaurantee the seller will get an item back at all (of course the buyer gets refunded though).

They allow blatent fraud & theft to be commited and all that stops someone getting free stuff is their morales.

I hate them with a vengence but consumers demand PayPal...
    Helen likes this.
  3. rayloveday

rayloveday

Are you a top rated seller and / or have concierge support?

If you are top rated, you should be able to deduct up to a 50% refund on the sale and you should report he buyer. eBay has moved to automated tools to handle these situations so that although you take a hit it's not a 100% loss.

If you are not a top rated seller, I don't think that the option appears on the refund screen but not 100% sure. If you have concierge, they will walk you through the process. Unfortunately they will no longer grant you the full value of the item since the new tools came in which is a shame. They've been told to make sellers use the tools so that the report buyer tool is used and profiles of bad actor buyers are built which will enable them to kick them off. They can still help you receive 100% of the sale value on appeals for cases that go against you where you have good grounds for the customer trying it on. We got compensated £150 from a sale that went south when the buyer claimed "empty package scenario" and concierge sorted it all out for us after we did the initial leg work demonstrating that the customer could not possibly have received an empty package and they refused to communicate with us which helped out case.
    Jed likes this.
  4. 1320star

1320star

I am a TRS and have been for years, have had 100% f/back for yrs as well. I asked about the 50% deduction option for damaged goods etc. and was told because your returns states that the "buyer" pays for returns I don't have the 50% refund option on my returns page, if I had free returns I would have it, thats rubbish. Thinking of calling them up again and keep calling until I can get to speak to the Irish dept. they are much better at sorting things out.....I'm not a happy seller, what they are doing is tantamount to fraud.
  5. 1320star

1320star

ok so I talked to rep again today and I can refund 50% of value which I did today and also asked if ensuing neg f/back will be removed....probably was the answer.
  6. Jed

Jed

Glad you got somewhat of an improved outcome, albeit not the ideal one.