1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Offer Ended/Closed 1 Day Auction - Mixed Bedding - RRP £200+ - Ends 10PM

Discussion in 'Home, Pet Care, Garden & Outdoor' started by Gary, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenFTW

KenFTW

How long does it usually take for the official forum time to appear?
  2. Gary

Gary

Yeah, that's why I need to wait for oficial forum time, it will be the last post at 10pm that's the winner, if one spills to 10.01 it will be discounted, sorry about this but it's the new forums social media style timing that's the problem but I can't think of afairer way to do it as obviously if I go by my own clock others may be slightly different.
  3. Zak_K

Zak_K

Gary, do you know if the TapaTalk app uses the forum time?
  4. KenFTW

KenFTW

Yeah it does Zak
  5. Zak_K

Zak_K

As I said - lets wait for the offical forum time - but this is what Tapatalk looks like:

[​IMG]
    Gary likes this.
  6. SimonN

SimonN

Hover over the "4 minutes ago" and it will show the exact time. Congrats Zak_K :)
    Zak_K and Gary like this.
  7. Gary

Gary

Thanks Simon, I never realised that :)

Well, as Simon said, congratz Zak, you're the winner!

Drop me a message stating how you would like to pay (bank transfer (free), paypal gift (free), or standard paypal (+3%) and I will send you the details, if you make payment by 11am tomorrow I'll be able to get these dispatched tomorrow (should be with you Friday as 99% are next working day delivery).

Thanks
    Gary
  8. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Its only showing it to the minute for me and no seconds. eg KenFTW 9.59 and Zak_k 10.00

What if Zak_k was 10.00.01 second?
  9. Gary

Gary

Yeah, we can't do seconds unfortunately which is why in the op I stated that up to 10:00pm and 10.01 or after will be excluded.
  10. SimonN

SimonN

EDIT: You beat me to it Gary!
  11. redspell

redspell Banned Member

lol, so the auction finished at 10.01 ? Gary ;)
  12. Zak_K

Zak_K

The forum states bang on 10pm. Maybe there was a gap of a few seconds (but if the forum is saying 10.00 i'm sure it was closer to 10.00 than 10.01) but as Gary said - in the op he stated that all bids placed 10.01pm onwards would be excluded, he didnt mention seconds.
  13. Gary

Gary

Guess so, didn't think of it like that...lol, never mind, was clear enough in the op ;)
  14. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Exactly ;)

As the forum timestamp doesn't show seconds maybe 'Bang on 10' is the wrong phrase to use as a bid showing as made at 10.00 could have been made at 10.00 59
  15. Gary

Gary

True, but technically according to forum time it's still 10, which like I said is the fairest way to do it as if I used my clock, which has seconds, it may differ to bidders clocks, therefore, using forum time if someone bid dead on 10 and zero seconds then it would be unfair to give it to someone who bid on 9.59 would it not, but I agree, maybe the word 'prompt' should have been left out, duly noted mein herr ;)
    redspell likes this.
  16. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Seems like a good way to deter auction sniping anyway Gary :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.