1000th Facebook likes & going strong! Or is it all a facade?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by jack2230, Apr 14, 2012.

1. jack2230

jack2230

I have recently just seen the 1000th person Like one of my sites on Facebook, and that number has increased slightly above that. What I would like to know though is if Facebook likes really benefit your business, do they increase traffic, create brand awareness, I have even seen comments around saying they improve your Search Engine Ranking. :eek:

So I thought it would be a perfect time to start a little discussion. Do you encourage people to "Like" and engage with your business through Facebook, do you even have your business integrated with Facebook and have you seen any benefits from Facbook.

I know I haven't seen that much come out of Facebook for my business. Maybe I'am doing it wrong? :D
  2. Nick-D

Nick-D

Having likes on your page can be a very good source of new business, you will notice many pages will post messages which encourage their "fans" to "like" the message or Comment on it, everytime they do this it will pop up in the news feed of their close friends and the number of people your messages reach will grow and grow. I say this as if i actually make use of it but right now i am not!
  3. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

This is very true.

Facebook Likes do help with your SEO, as long at the Like is pointing to your site webpage. Social shares, like Facebook Likes, Facebook Shares, Tweets, G+ Likes all help your SEO.
  4. jack2230

jack2230

Well all my likes do point to my webpage because I heard that helps with SEO. :D Thanks for your comments guys and I'am glad my work implementing all this new social stuff will pay off, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
  5. Proudlock

Proudlock

Its good getting to 1000 Likes, so firstly well done, the more important question to ask yourself though is do these 1000 people that have liked your page actually shop with you or what percentage have become new customers. Thats the only real question that should be asked, the actual number of likes is not a great metric to measure your social ROI - as is being noted on many of the social media blogs currently around.
  6. jack2230

jack2230

Thanks for that Proudlock, it's not really an online shops as sorts - it's actually a web hosting company. I would say most of the people who liked us are customers and clients, but it's interesting and true to that even though the number of likes is talked up to be important and still is, I guess they only really help and make sense if they are actual buyers or regular customers interested in your product/service compared with random folks or even bots.