11 Guaranteed ways to get others to Retweet your Content

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lace, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

For anyone who’s on Twitter, this just-published article from HubSpot offers good insight on how to get precious ReTweets for your content.

One real simple tip is to ask others to re-tweet your post. Ask and you should receive – true enough. You could easily say please RT to your followers but according to this article, the best way to word it is Please ReTweet. Using this phrase generates 4x more RTs, isn't that interesting?

What sort of content do you retweet and what is your experience on being retweeted? Has any prominent personality (ie celebrities, gov’t officials, or brands) engaged with you on Twitter?

P.S. If you’re not yet following @wholesaleforums, please do and give me a shout out so we can add you on our Twitter list ;)
  2. Dave

Dave

Hi Lace,
    I still don`t see the point of Twitter - maybe I am too old.
    BUT I will have a look at your link - thanks for posting.
    Dave.
  3. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Thank you Dave :)

Twitter is rolling out major changes, guessing that would be early 2012 and will include the much-awaited Twitter business pages. If that happens, I am certain more businesses will pay attention to this social network.
  4. Dave

Dave

I agree, that would make me take a look.
  5. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

My experience has been if you offer useful, relevant and unselfish content that people are readily willing to re-tweet it. Twitter will continue to be a great marketing opportunity if you leverage it properly for your business.
  6. shaununo

shaununo

Have just re-tweeted a TWF twitter post, but not sure what! lol, Am not a massive user of twitter, but must take another look and try and learn a bit more about it and how to use it properly.
    I know the social side of twitter is massive, the likes of chris moyles on radio 1 are always talking about it, and trying to get members of the public to gets hello tweets from the rich and famous on there own twitter pages, etc
    I will look forward and follow how these new 2012 twitter business pages get on.
    I do have TWF follow my twitter page, Can it, or does it get any better than that!
  7. Volantary

Volantary

Twitter is ok for following celebrities, but aside from that I could never use it for my own group of friends because no-one else is on it! So I'd just be tweeting to the air...
  8. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Cheers for the RT Shaun : ) The message you retweeted was actually our Follow Friday post which tags everyone who engaged with us in a week's time. Expect a mention from TWF on Friday ;)

I know what you mean Alex, yeah I think initially celebrities got the limelight on Twitter just because their tweets are real juicy (sometimes controversial) but as more people look forward to educational, informative stuff that can enhance their lives (just like what Nick said above) - opportunities to do so have opened up for brands and they're cut for it as they usually possess the knowledge and most experience about their products and industry.

So which celebrities do you have on twitter Alex? :)

Totally agree on that Nick, do you develop your own content and push it on Twitter?
  9. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

Most of the time content I create gets recommended by others via a Tweet to their followers. I am working on a new Twitter strategy for my Drop Ship Consumer Bureau website where we are going to actively build our own following and will start pushing relevant content to Twitter.
  10. Volantary

Volantary

I'm an f1 nut so only f1 drivers and journalists but tbh I barely ever read it
    Totally agree on that Nick, do you develop your own content and push it on Twitter?
  11. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

There's no doubt that there is a good opportunity on Twitter if you think through your strategy and keep it focused on adding value to your followers. Relevant and fresh content are being well rewarded these days. Its a smart strategy and requires not focusing on yourself, but rather your followers and customers which in the end will lead to rewards.
    Anthony and Lace like this.
  12. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Thanks for this Lace. Anthony just asked me if I have twitter, i said no, but then remembered an old account which i have just changed the name of to represent my eBook. So this was very useful, thanks!
    Anthony likes this.
  13. Import Expert

Import Expert

Good stuff Lace. I am fairly new to twitter so still getting used to it. Although I only have a private account at the moment I am doing some research as to how we could use a commercial twitter account for our business. It was interesting to see how some of the 'big boys' (Some of the Dragons for example), used it as a form of competition entry over the run up to Christmas, thus becoming a top trend and getting mentions left right and centre, even though the 'prize' was tiny in comparison with the exposure they were getting.
  14. Anthony

Anthony

You can most definitely benefit from using Twitter. Not least because you can engage with us (seriously, we love it when folks do) but you can also establish relationships that would otherwise not be explored. You have a website, some great content, plus these useful tools, all of which the Twittersphere would lap up if they actually knew about it. Tell you what, when you do create an account for your business, we'll throw you a mention on Twitter as our followers would be most interested in your import/export tools. Send me a message if interested and we'll hook it up.
    nick-chunias likes this.
  15. Import Expert

Import Expert

Sounds great to me Anthony. I'm currently writing up a business plan for it to give to the Directors so I will be in touch !
    Anthony likes this.
  16. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

Hi Lace - 2 quick updates. I just started following @wholesaleforums on Twitter and I like what Team TWF is doing on Twitter.

Also, we just launched our own Twitter account for DS Consumer Bureau and we'd welcome new followers from the TWF community.
    Our Twitter account is @DSConsumer

We'll be tweeting useful posts about drop shipping, eBay, suppliers, marketing, etc. and having some fun with it so please join us.

I will also start sharing any useful information I find about Twitter with the TWF community in the coming weeks as we dig into this further.
    Anthony likes this.
  17. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

Great post Anthony. Very generous of you and would very much appreciate if you would throw a mention of @DSConsumer to your followers ;)
  18. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi Nick,

Thanks for following us, that's awesome :)
    I just added you to the TWF Twitter list too: http://twitter.com/#!/wholesaleforums/twf-members

Lace
    nick-chunias likes this.
  19. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

20. Anthony

Anthony

Looks as if Lace took care of this for you, Nick. Hope it helps :)