1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

247 wholesale ltd

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by coolbir, Feb 2, 2009.

1. coolbir

coolbir

This compnay is called Can I trust them??

I am looking to make a $3000 deal, and I want to know if I can trust them, these are the terms of this seller, i got this in an email he sent to me:

If you are interested in another product please contact me (maybe I will have it).
    The shipping will be made from our office from Dewbury , West Yorkshire , United Kingdom. We have to sell all the merchandise from all our offices because we wait a new shipment and we have to get rid of our old stock. That's why the prices are so low.

The shipping and payment must be made trough TNT.

I will explain to you step by step how this will work.

1) First you will have to send me your final order and full name and address. I will need them for the shipping.
    2) I go to the TNT store and leave the products onto your name as the intended receiver.
    3) TNT will check the products to see if everything is OK with them and also the legal papers that will come along with the products.
    4) TNT will send you a delivery notification + tracking number to let you know they have the products you ordered in which you will be told that they have them and that they checked them.
    5) At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a money deposit on the TNT payment agent name for the amount we agreed.
    6) After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money transfer to TNT (MTCN, sender's name and address)
    7) TNT will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will deliver the products to you .
    8) After you receive the products, check them and see that all is in order you will instruct TNT to send me the money.
    If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the products, you will return the product to TNT with no expense.
    I will pay TNT for the shipping and you will pay Western Union for the Money Transfer fee.
  2. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Re: can i trust this supplier?

It's a Scam ,stay away!

Scott
  3. nawalb

nawalb

Sure its a scam

nawalb
  4. J-K

J-K

WESTERN UUNIOOOOOOON!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Unless you're sending money to your trusted Grandma', don't use Western Union to pay for goods.
  5. LOWRIDER

LOWRIDER

Company No. 6733827

VAT Reg. No. 884 7508 76

& they also have an address in the UK on their web.... You will need someone to check all that for you in order to determine if they are a legitemet or no...

The shipping and payment method made trough TNT sounds like a scam right... But still doesn't mean anything!!

Some traders in China require the payment in full before any shippment being made & that doesn't make them scammers..

Their trustpass on Alibaba is nothing really but it could be a new company trying to make its way through.

You gotta do more research on that company!!!
  6. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

Their website is here: ***********************

They accept PayPal and Patrasys...BUT...They are selling counterfeit products e.g. Nintendo Wii with 40 or 60 games. These are from China and are illegal 'backups' of the original games.

Avoid at all costs.
  7. bondandco

bondandco

Stay clear why risk it.
  8. igor_deryabin

igor_deryabin

Hi
    Are you have a bisnes with this company?
  9. coolbir

coolbir

can anyone provide any trusted sellers that they have dealt with in the past who sell original cell phones?
  10. igor_deryabin

igor_deryabin

Ok.
    I wont buy a phone in this company. Can you told me about them? you all write "scam", but why????? Pls anser me......
  11. canada

canada Retired Moderator

12. coolbir

coolbir

so what method is best for paying for items? Is Paypal the safest?
  13. denimdragon

denimdragon

Research this company first. I am in the process of setting up a supply chain with this UK company. When you do business over the internet there is always a potential risk. But as the saying goes "Nothing risked, nothing gained." I have used western union for all transactions (since 2003) I have made internationally save one, in which I sent a wire transfer. I haven't been scammed yet. I accredit this to tons of research on each company, and always ask for references (the more the better) in your country that you can call and talk to who has done business with the company or person you choose to start a business relationship with. Plus always ask for the companies phone number and call and talk to people at the company. Good ole Thomas Edison did all that work for a reason. In most cases, the average person should be able to tell from a phone conversation if they are heading into unsafe waters. Phone contact is a key part of the research process.

To all the people who think that Western Union payment means automatic scams, I ask you this, how else are start ups in other countries going to get funds? Some countries, such as China, have a strict system about who can use what services and how. You must remember that governments aren't all the same worldwide. China, in particular, is still communist and their rules are way out of line with what I am use to in the land of milk and honey. Consider this facts before you suggest that every WU transaction is going to be a scam.

On a last note, I would just like to add that everyone in the world isn't out to get you. Yeah unfortunately, there are some villians out there, but lets not throw them all to hell in a hand basket. Buy screaming scam every time, you make it impossible for the little honest guy somewhere trying to make a start for himself. We all have to trust somebody sooner or later. This is all just my opinion though. Think about...
  14. denimdragon

denimdragon

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! I have verified that they are a scam.
  15. LOWRIDER

LOWRIDER

What type of verification process have you taken in order to determine that this company is a scam!!???
  16. denimdragon

denimdragon

I exchanged emails with the owner (Jeremy Schofield). He claimed to use a service offered by TNT shipping that performed a 3rd party payment process where TNT is the go between. I called TNT and confirmed that this service does not exist and they are aware of the fraudalent site that they have set up to look like the TNT website.
  17. LOWRIDER

LOWRIDER

Thank you Sir..... You are the MAN!!!!
  18. denimdragon

denimdragon

No Problem. I did further research on this and this seems to be a popular scam. Be weary of these new UK companies that have all the latest electronics who are using these "3rd party" payment methods. The server that the use to run these sites that look like official Shipping sites are located in Bejing so the use that so they don't have to reveal their true Identities. You gotta love good company research. We should start a topic about good internet resource sets for verify companies world wide (if we don't already have an up to date one).
  19. LOWRIDER

LOWRIDER

Nop!!! we have nothing like that on the forum... feel free to share.

Thank you
  20. cgreggholdings

cgreggholdings

I it looks to good......
    I got there e-mail and then read this link, so just to see i put the address into Google earth and its in the same building as a restaurant not that i needed a reason after there email. i just think it funny.