1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

3 important SEO questions

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by missy_29, Sep 23, 2012.

1. missy_29

missy_29

Hello All

I have posted this on a similar forum, but can't hurt to hear some of the views of the SEO experts on here.

1.) When building quality backlinks, how important is the content of the backlink in relation to the product you are promoting?! For example, if my website is selling phone accessories, should I target only directories related to the communications industry?

2.) How important are inbound links on a webpage? I am confused by this issue. I have seen many sites which have plenty of inbound links with anchor text on their homepages and on their blogs. However, I have also seen top-ranked websites which appear to have no inbound anchor text on their sites.

3.) How important are the H1, H2 and H3 tags on your homepage? Is it ok to include all your keywords together or not? For example, a website has the H1 title as 'Mobile Phones, Phone Accessories and Telecommunications'. All 3 words are used together in their title. Is this okay?

I appreciate all informative responses.
    JuliaPayne likes this.
  2. catchtheniche

catchtheniche

Hi, ok I will cover seo a little bit for you. Right now it is all about quality. You need to look natural.
    1. Backlinks are really important. Use directories to attract more customers not to rank high on Google. Quality of the page which has backlink to your site is really important. Use this directory owned by Google: dmoz, but prepare everything before submitting.
    2. Again it is not about quantity but about quality. I can have 1 backlink from apple and outrank many websites with thousands of backlinks.
    3. They are not so important these days. I like to prepare page for people not for engines and Google likes that. Don’t include many keywords in one page. I use 1 keyword per 1 page with synonymous and related words.

In the end Google wants you to use adwords for your business if you are not wikipedia or apple.
    More questions? :)
    ffstyle likes this.
  3. James Donovan

James Donovan

I think every webmaster would face such questions and these are most common out of them. If someone is having knowledge of this then surely he can do a perfect job.
  4. WillRoberts

WillRoberts

Whenever you are building backlinks, just stop and think about the relevance of that link to your site. Would a link to a phone accessories shop be on a site that has a majority of their content about healthcare? Of course not so your link would be out of place and of little value (if any).

Anchor text needs to be 'natural'. Getting mass volumes of low-quality inbound links with exact match anchor text is pointless because, if anything, you will be penalised by search engines for it.

Focus on quality and relevance in the content that you are putting out on the internet; link building is more than just the link - you can get brand awareness, direct click through traffic as well as some SEO value.

Good luck with the campaign!
  5. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

It's not actually the number of backlinks that count but the quality of backlinks. A few high quality backlinks have more value than lots and lots of low quality backlinks.

All backlinks are not the same in quality and that obtaining a bunch of low-quality links can actually harm your search engine ranking rather than improving it. You are at risk for being flagged by Google (in particular) and the other search engines.

Stay away from hundreds of links that all come from the same origin (usually referred to as “link farms”). These are easily tracked and very much frowned upon by the search engines so they will get you nowhere fast. Also steer clear of businesses that advertise the buying and selling of links – these links will also sooner or later be flagged by the search engines and they are not worth the risk.

There is also no set number of backlinks to be established in order to achieve a certain position in search results. Backlinks constitute only one of the more than 200 parameters that google uses (and google does not tell us what all those 200+ parameters are) to determine rankings and so we can not make generalizations as to how many backlinks are needed to get to the top position.

Cheers!
  6. Bubsa

Bubsa

Relevancy is a huge part of the backlink profile in this day and age. If you gain a link from a high authority website, but you're promoting dog kennels and that website is about car exhausts, it won't have as much of a desired effect then a mid-high authority website link from something related to your niche.

It's one of the biggest changes in recent SEO times and I think a terrific one. It can be answered simply by asking "would a user who was interested in my products be looking for information on them at this website I want a link from? If it's no - then by and large you should move on.

It's not fool-proof and you see websites rank well still with completely irrelevant links (and still a lot with blogroll/footer/site-wide links still). However, it's something that Google has made huge strides into in recent times and, one can only assume, that it will become stronger.
  7. fd.ltd.uk

fd.ltd.uk

Have a look at Market Samurai . They have good videos and current thinking on SEO . It is excellent value for money and I use it in conjunction with my web designer
  8. Meghna

Meghna

Hi Missy

Most of the replies seem to be helpful. Right here to uplift few more, here are added points:
    - Concentrating to the niche directories will remain effective and also with the ranking of your website too.
    - This in turn would strive to get with the quality inbound links to your site. Also that, the quality of the back links are considered to check your website health.
    - Header tags might have the exact keywords, but still having the combination of keywords will be a better option. Inclusion of the header tags has its own prominence as this is one of the criteria to get with the SEO guidelines.

Apart from these, you can check with the product oriented sites for promotion (if your website seems to be the same). This can highly help to popularize the product as well as bring in more traffic that are relevant to the site. Also with the social media accounts that paves it's own way of hooking up the campaign in a better way.

Whatever might be the way of promotion, just assure that it doesn't relate the spammy techniques. Keep on-going with your campaign in a successful way!