1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

5 Star Supplier Scam - Bright Lead International

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by MC-mTx, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC-mTx

MC-mTx

5 Star Global Sources Supplier Scam - Bright Lead International

I found a company called Bright Lead International Limted on Global Sources, they are 5 star verified so thought they would be a good company to use, got them verified by a well known member of TWF, which all came back ok with the words:

'You can rest assured that it's a real registered company, not a fraud'

So I went ahead and ordered 200 2GB MicroSD cards as a sample order from Bright Lead International Limited, only to find after testing they are in fact only 120MB in size

I emailed my contact, Emily, who apologised and asked for the test readout, now the email is dead and everything is bouncing back

I contacted them using the insant messenger on Alibaba, the person on the other end was replying until I mentioned defective goods, then they stopped replying

I even phoned them and the person who answered said there was no Emily and I have the wrong number, I then asked if this is Bright Lead International, they said yes and I asked for Emily again and she's says 'Oh, Emily, yes she is out of the office'

I had the company verified, however after spending a bit of time on Google found posts from other people on forums saying they have also received cards with fake chipsets from Bright Lead, only wish I found these posts before sending my money!

And the person I used to verify said if I can prove their verification was wrong they will refund my payment, so sending 120MB labelled as 2GB isn't fraud...?

Got 200 fake 2GB cards going cheap!!
  2. canada

canada Retired Moderator

3. canada

canada Retired Moderator

4. MC-mTx

MC-mTx

Hi Scott, Global Sources is where I found them, I will be filing a complaint with them shorty, I will give them 1 last chance by calling again tomorrow and see what happens
  5. cos76

cos76

Sorry to hear that... Unfortunately I also got scammed by a global sources verified company and checked them out as much as I could which all seemed legit. After I got scammed they was no longer advertising on global sources and they were not willing to help or disclose any information.

I know some on this forum say its obvious to spot a scam company etc and that global sources is a great place to find suppliers which I do not deny but they too are not entirely safe, scammers are becoming far smarter. I posted a thread on here about the company I dealt with and all there information was added to that post. I'm not too sure what obvious signs I missed but one thing i got from it was a very expensive lesson.

Basically all i am saying is for anyone not to part with money unless you are 150% sure or understand the risk and be able to take that risk.

I currently have some close associates out in china sourcing us some additional suppliers, hopefully that works out well :)

ps: there are also a few on here that offer verification services such as pete, ive used the service myself and its quick, easy and affordable.
  6. ADC

ADC

If they are in Shenzhen, Pete offers verification service for around £25 I think. Well worth it IMHO
  7. canada

canada Retired Moderator

You would need a quality control inspection to verify the products.A basic background search would only show the company is legally registered in China.

Scott
  8. Global Sources

Global Sources

Dear mc612,

In order for us to assist you, please send an email to service@globalsources.com.

Please provide payment proof for the order you placed with supplier and your correspondence with the supplier.

Best regards,
    Global Sources Customer Services
  9. krizvi

krizvi

Oh, Thank you my brothers i was about to put my self in deep **** but lukily i discover post about this company, i was buying 1000 pcs 2gb flash for our company promotional items for coming exhibition and today i made request to make payment around 6000 USD. it's still under process but i will stop that tomorrow. Once again thank you guys, but i feel strange how they are still verified and gold supplier at alibaba and global sources, it's very sad thats mean we ca't trust at those site aswell, also i discover Bright Lead Website contact numbers , mobile numbers at each site different mean you will find 3 website with .com, .net at global sources at alibaba all are different numbers, well we should take some serious action about these type of company, suppose if my company will pay 6000 usd, of course my company later on deduct this amount from my less salary, see how companies are playing...... for your comments:

Name: Kashan Rizvi
    Mob: +966 54 133 1211
    Email: ************************************************************************************************************************************** (facebook)
  10. MC-mTx

MC-mTx

For anyone choosing to use this company, I have been refunded my payment in full after several emails, however make sure you know exactly what you are buying from them
  11. cipher

cipher

Memory card and usb flash is a tricky business down there.

I've been searching for 32gb SDHC cards, and a lot of the cheap cards (around $20-30) claim to be 32gb, and they might even appear 32GB when connected to your computer, but their real storage capacity is like 2gb or 4gb. These are called "升級卡" (meaning "upgraded cards") as one of my Chinese friends told me. Be aware, this is common for all kinds of usb flash or memory card business down there.

The authenticated manufacturers or suppliers all gave me $50+/pc, which in most retail stores are sold for $100+.

Bright Lead International also gave me prices around $20 in a GlobalSources reply email, which kinda surprised me as they are 5-star verified supplier. Google brought me here and I'm reporting this to you guys.

Well, I'm glad you got your payment back, so at least they're not complete scammers. I'd say they just misadvertised and had really bad customer services.

On the other hand, on ebay, the 32gb SDHC cards are sold for $30 on average, which sells very well (because such product is found in retail for $100+). and the sellers are getting all positive feedbacks, so I'm not sure if they got magical suppliers or the buyers did not realize they got scammed, too.
  12. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

I would never buy these sorts of things from China full stop.
  13. hunter2010

hunter2010

STill there in ebay, the address is some place in a hotel called Leizhen Hotel and the scammer faked it as Leizhen Bld

The scammer's address in China:
    Rm 2907, Leizhen Bld, Fuming Rd, Futian District, Shenzhen

Look at google map:
    ****************************************************************************************************************************

The scammer is selling at ebay nickname: ec_station now:

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Also, the same guy, selling the same product:

5 Star Supplier Scam - Bright Lead International

******************************************************************************************************************************
  14. rajpatelmi4

rajpatelmi4

Re: 5 Star Global Sources Supplier Scam - Bright Lead International

THANKS YOU SAVED ME I HAVE ALREADY LOST 3000$ WITH FOLLOWING COMAPNY

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Name :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]WenJie Industrial (Hong Kong) Limited [/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Add:[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Unit 04,7/F,XianDaiZhiChuang,Huaqiang Road North,Futian District,Shenzhen,Guangdong,China[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Postal code :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]518031[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Tel :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]86-755-36972656 [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Fax :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]86-755-68737666 [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Business E-mail :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]*****************[/FONT]

They send me the fake card not even 128MB :(
  15. rajpatelmi4

rajpatelmi4

Pls beware of this company

About Us
    *************************************************************WenJie Industrial (Hong Kong) Limited, established in 1998, is one of the professional manufacturers and exporters of mobile phones, accessories and other consumer electronics.
    Our group company is located in Kowloon, Hong Kong. We also established a marketing office in Shenzhen. Our factory is located in Baoan district, Shenzhen. Our factory is formed up by an excellent R&D team, advance data processing equipments and mature production system. Our products are quality guaranteed due to our strict quality control system. All of our products have passed the CE, ROHS, GSG and CCC certificate. OEM and ODM are all welcome.
    With year of business experience after foundation of our company, we take the lead in the electronics field , Depending on the ability , excellent quality and good credit , we have established the firm business relationship with many famous companies at home and aboard.

We strive to become preferred partner relying on top-grade product cost performance, sincerely look forward to cooperating with you and make achievements.
  16. rajpatelmi4

rajpatelmi4

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Name :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]WenJie Industrial (Hong Kong) Limited [/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Add:[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Unit 04,7/F,XianDaiZhiChuang,Huaqiang Road North,Futian District,Shenzhen,Guangdong,China[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Postal code :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]518031[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Tel :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]86-755-36972656 [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Company Fax :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]86-755-68737666 [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Business E-mail :[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]*****************[/FONT]

THEY ARE NOW GOLD MEMBER SO NO BODY IS SAFE TRADING VIA ALIBALA AND GLOBAL SOURCE
  17. rajpatelmi4

rajpatelmi4

EVEN I GUESS WHOLESALE FOURAM IS PART OF CHINESE SUPPLIER, THEY REMOVED MY ID AS SPAM POST, I HAVE PROOF OF PAYMENT AND PARCEL WITH FAKE 2GB SD CARDS SO PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE ID FROM WHOLESALE FOURAM

It will help other people to save their soul from these sophesticated scammers
  18. MC-mTx

MC-mTx

Why? I have found 3 very trustworthy suppliers since this happened

The simple fact of the matter is, if you do your homework on the supplier, get them verified, do the due diligence etc and you will find there are ALOT of reliable, trustworthy suppliers

To simply say, don't buy memory products from China is extremely small minded and completely wrong, just make sure you know what you are buying and who you are buying from
  19. mr.thompo

mr.thompo

What's your reasoning behind this. I'm not trying to undermine you, I'm genuinely interested that's all.

Thanks,

Sam.
  20. BaxyALB

BaxyALB

Hi, date wise I might be late for this thread but I can give you all abit of an update. I was after OEM 8GB Micro SD Cards and checked a couple of suppliers at Alibaba.com and ended up getting a string of offers but opted for one of the sellers I contacted and everything went well. Then I received an offer from H and S Electronic Group Ltd which I checked and knew were at Global Sources 6 star. Shaly was the contact person, prices were a little cheaper than what I had already purchased but they were a brand product. All looked very good. Then I kept getting these emails from Five Rings USB, different persons name each time, and then I received one from a person called Shaly!! The emails from these guys all tested scam. I carried on with Shaly from H and S even confirmed the price and received Swift code Ac everything but the swift code proved to be incorrect. Shaly then sent me Weston Union or TT payment into her personal account. Wasn't that nice of her?

H and S sell the brand Brightlead Micro SD Cards as SanDisk Extreme they sell these to the rest of the world but not China. My understanding on this, please correct me if I am wrong, is that you should not be-able to purchase branded products from China. But what if they are Hong Kong based as well? Anyone know? thanks. Cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.