1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

60 PsPs for 810.00 on Ebay Scam

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by theshadow1234, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow1234

theshadow1234

2. tantk

tantk

That makes it $13.50 per psp ? My eyes must be playing tricks on me.. LOL. !!! Nice picture of the

psp's on the pallet.

However according to ebay, the person is a powerseller and has 99.6% positive rating.
  3. theshadow1234

theshadow1234

I believe that Picture has been flowing around on the net before. Can anyone confirm??
  4. canada

canada Retired Moderator

5. wragge11

wragge11

Yep that is a very common picture on Alibaba...
  6. The Crossroads22

The Crossroads22

I think you guys need to read the auction more closely. It is not for 60 psp. It is for 1 psp and some games/movies and other acessories
  7. tantk

tantk

Each set of 1 psp gigapack set with 5 games and 20 psp movies = $810 ?

They have 60 sets total ?
  8. Saajan

Saajan

Hi,
    You can tell that this account has been hijacked. To clear this up...the person is selling a PSP Giga Pack, with 20 PSP Movies and 5 Games as a bundle and he is saying he has 60.
    And as wraggle said, the picture on the Auction is used quite frequently by scammers on Alibaba.

And also notice the email at the end of the auction is sellerall@gmail.com whilst the email below the "Shipping, payment details and return policy" is corporategiftsdirect@gmail.com.

WARNING: As I said before this account seems that its been hijacked. Do not buy off this auction as its possible you will be scammed. Do not bid!!

Hope this helps :D
  9. theshadow1234

theshadow1234

Well guess what, I bidded on it anyway and took my chances just to see if they were using that Ebay software that sniffs bids at the very last minute with the MAX bid set automatically.. I noticed that i was the current bidder the very last minute and hoping that someone would bid.. Then someone bidded a high bid ( Probably the hacker using someone elses account)!! I reported to Ebay 2 more of these already today. 10 psps with games for 1200.00 USD. They had the the email diffrent from the email that was the used on all of his other items....to much scamming going on!!
  10. theshadow1234

theshadow1234

11. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Looks like another ebay account has been hijacked.
  12. canada

canada Retired Moderator

13. theshadow1234

theshadow1234

14. tantk

tantk

Is it that easy to hijack an ebay account ? Wouldn't the owner know that their account is

already hijacked. After all, when a question is posed to the owner, I am sure ebay would

alert them or send them an email like how it is on yahoo auctions ?
  15. canada

canada Retired Moderator

The hacker is probably using a bot program with a dictionary attack that tries to find a password for a known user ID by drawing on a list of common passwords and a dictionary of words.

If the owner of the eBay account does not check his auctions each day or checks his emails.He would not know that his account has been hijacked.
  16. drmobiles

drmobiles Banned Member

It is fairly easy to hack an eBay account to an expiecienced hacker, which you can find at any High School here in the USA!!

One could spam with virus attachments which contain keyboard logging stoftware that self-installs and logs keyboards and the hackers can search for when you type in eBay.com and when you type in your username and password, it's all recorded and the hacker can get your information. You really don't even need it to be an email, some software gets on by visiting websites or people can trick you to visit websites which have those programs that install themselves on your computer, for instance, one can send you a link to "CLICK HERE TO VIEW YOUR E-CARD" and when you cick it, you see an e-Card and it's installed on your system.
  17. tantk

tantk

I am sure alot of people have software installed such as zone alarm etc as a firewall

to help them detect spyware and key loggers. Wouldn't such software protect them from

receiving such malicious software ?

I currently use trendmicro.com's virus and spyware scanner on a weekly basis to ensure

my system is clean. In the past I have noticed I had alot of crap in on my pc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.