8 ways to get traffic to your online store without spending a fortune

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by James and James, Mar 27, 2018.

1. James and James

James and James

You’ve had a brilliant eCommerce business idea. You’ve chosen the best eCommerce platform for your online store. Now you need to get traffic to it. In this post – the third in our how to start an eCommerce business series – we’ll show you eight cost-effective ways to do just that.

It’s estimated that there are 108,029 online stores in the UK alone. With so much competition, following the Field of Dreams mantra – “If you build it, they will come” – is a bad idea when starting an eCommerce business.

Instead, you need to work hard to get traffic to your online store, and secure each and every sale thereafter. Fortunately, the internet affords us plenty of opportunities to do that, even on a start-up budget.

Here are our top eight ways to increase website traffic without breaking the bank - https://www.ecommercefulfilment.com...ecommerce-business-without-spending-millions/
    Jed likes this.
  2. Cody

Cody

Love, love love this one. I'm huge on SEO, Social Media marketing, Advertising and more. I loved what you said about "it's not all about you."

This is something I'm a massive believer in. Many companies I've seen consistently post about their products shouting "BUY ME". This isn't the best way to go about things.

Users want to see humans behind the scenes, and it's best to show this by actually talking. Include images of the staff at work. Include a short quote from members of the staff. Include more fun videos. Ask questions to get your users engaged and commenting, and share others knowledge, not just your own. Of course you want to be see as the best in your field, however sharing the knowledge of someone else's social media accounts can actually generate more engagement and relationships with a wider audience - The Facebook algorithm loves this as well, especially with the recent algorithm change.

Don't focus on yourself and your company/ business all the time. People want to see a human; listen and give that to them.
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.
  3. Wholesale Sportswear

Wholesale Sportswear

Cody that is so true. People want real interaction, real engagement and authenticity.
    Cody likes this.
  4. Cody

Cody

It's also the same for blogging. If you can get people to blog for you and give something in return (because paying for it isn't always the best way) then do it. At least it shows you're working with other businesses and people to get some great content. Unfortunately there are too many that don't see the benefit of getting others to blog for your site which is a shame. It's all about engagement, content, authenticity, and the great SEO thrown in there too.
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.
  5. annagreenang

annagreenang

You said (If you can get people to blog for you and give something in return) paying them or link exchange with there website. That's two way i know, is there another way.
Tags: