A guide on how to choose the best social media platform for your business

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Sai Montes, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Sai Montes

Sai Montes

Hey guys, this will be my first time to start a thread here and I'm so excited to hit the "Create Thread" button. Haha!

I stumbled upon an article online, which I think will be very helpful to everybody. Most businesses have their Facebook and Twitter pages and there are some who are present in every social media platform available - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Vine, etc. I do believe that managing one account is really a hard job. Imagine if you'll handle 4 or 5 accounts at the same time. It's just too much unless you have a team who can monitor everything for you.

For start ups, I believe that social media presence can really help you in advertising your products and creating a solid fan base around your brand. Because you're just starting a business, given that you have limited resources, it's great if you know how to choose things that will yield the best result for your brand - same goes with choosing the best social media platform for you.

I hope this infographic helps. I would also like to know what you think or some thoughts you might have when you saw this. I sure did realize a lot from this infographic especially on how to choose the platform for your business goals and for the different media types you'd want to share online.

[​IMG]
  2. Gary

Gary

Quoted so the image shows:
    Sai Montes likes this.
  3. Erik

Erik

Not really sure on the rank of users between Facebook and Youtube, as clearly a lot of Youtube viewers do not need to log in to able to view videos. So in a sense, Youtube could have a greater amount of viewers, and possibly generating a lot more traffic than Facebook (how could PSY possibly gain 1 billion views if the case is different? :D)

However, Facebook indeed has some impressive statistics. Too bad they haven't added Vine and Instagram videos in this infographic yet, as there have been numerous discussions about those two already! :)
    Sai Montes likes this.
  4. Sai Montes

Sai Montes

Thank you Gary. I did not know that the image will not show up. Only shows how much of newbie I am :p

I agree with you on this as there are a lot of brands using Vine and Instagram in their online marketing campaigns. I am following a lot of brands in my Instagram account :p