1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

A Guide to Social Metrics and Tools

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lace, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

As more of us are enjoying social media presence, it’s necessary to look at how many people we are truly reaching with every tweet or status message. Check out this Social Media Analytics Guide from Salesforce to note which numbers you should be looking at plus, helpful tools to track social media progress.

[​IMG]

Some takeaways from the guide:

- Track your follower growth (I recommend a tool called Crowdbooster, it’s free)
    - Check which posts are retweeted, liked, or get your followers engaged
    - Make use of Facebook insights
    - Easily search for tweets and even FB posts using Topsy (tip: find out who’s talking about your brand or products and engage with your audience)

Using Google Analytics, you can track how many visitors are being referred by Facebook, Twitter, etc. You can do this by creating custom channels, if anyone is interested I can post a short guide :)
    Anthony, SimpleEarth and nick-chunias like this.
  2. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

Great post Lace. I for one would definitely be interested in the guide.

It is critically important with social media to track all your metrics so you can focus your efforts and understand what opportunities exist for your business.
  3. Anthony

Anthony

I do like Crowdboosters weekly summaries. It's nice to keep a broad tab on follower growth, retweets, mentions and your most effective tweet. Must have tool for anyone leveraging Twitter!
  4. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi Nick,

You asked for it: How to Setup Advanced Segments on Google Analytics :)

I had a play around with it again today and discovered lots of cool new features on the updated version of Analytics.
    You can track which tweets had the most visitors, visitor flow, etc. - it's wicked!
  5. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

Lace,

Thanks for follow up on this and providing a useful guide for the TWF community!