1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

A list of scam websites to avoid

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by moozarteum, May 11, 2009.

1. bainzy

bainzy

As a platform that will encourage scammers the first thing we did was to think of a way to beat them, I suppose it will probably not be 100% secure because scammers do tend to be quite clever :(

This is what we did:

We have a supplier verification form where we vet every application and ask for certain docs in some cases if we are not satisfied with initial checks.

We then do not pay out until 30 days, in that time because we have access to both supplier and seller we spot check with buyers to see if items have been delivered and if the item was as described and received then we pay.

If we find any oddities we investigate, check proof of postage by tracking number and then only payout when we are satisfied and customer or postal service has clarified delivery.

This may inconvienience some suppliers with cash flow etc but in the long run it saves them money on money transfer fees especially PayPal.

if we sell 100 items for one supplier in 30 days it will cost the supplier the PayPal % plus a per transaction fee say at £0.20 a go this is £20

By paying out once a month we reduce that to £0.20 for the total transactions, any genuine supplier accepts this wait and this condition because they accept it is good for the platform as a whole...

1 scammer can scare so many customers away, it's worth our risk losing a few suppliers to keep the platform clean.

Verification is also labour extensive but worth every cent

To date fingers Xed we have had a 100% delivery success rate.

Platforms need to take more of a responsibility for their customers and not always think of the $$$

My view anyway

Bainzy
  2. wangyannan156

wangyannan156

Thanks, it is reaaly important for us
  3. wangyannan156

wangyannan156

I think we should have a forum which is the whole list of the scammer
  4. Pete

Pete

Problem is that any one can call anyone else a spammer. I can say Abcde from SZ is a scammer and not much can be done about it.

Just using Abcde as an example, I do not say anyone particular is a scammer, but it is so easy to label competitors as scammers and there is not chance to prove otherwise.
  5. Gary

Gary

Agree with this, it could unfairly damage a competitors reputation
  6. bainzy

bainzy

For Sale

20 X New iPhone 5 Not in UK yet be the 1st

£650.00 for all 10

Sent to PayPal Abcde@hotmail.com

Then send address details

Thank you

Abcde

PS . My uncle in Nigeria said he has found $123,5453,987.00 you can have it too if you send money in 2 hours
  7. dpaath

dpaath

It's true shenzhen-tianhuan.com shenzhen is a fraudster, I bought LED TVs 32" and sent epad 7" with a very low specifications. The screen seemed to shrink during shipping.:\
    And another, keepoffer.com also fraudsters. Android Phonecell I bought it for $200 and after the money transferred via Western Union goods are not delivered, and even I can not log in anymore. Incredible.
    Hopefully this information can help all friends.
  8. darking1

darking1

This post this is a really valuable piece of information as I am a new to all this.

Thank You
  9. drops-hit_simon

drops-hit_simon

It'd be awesome if the person who actually had that hotmail account had a paypal too, and they woke up to £650, because of some numpties glancing through this taking it as a legitimate offer lol
  10. nick-chunias

nick-chunias

Great info from all - thanks for sharing. The key thing with working with any supplier to avoid getting scammed is to do your homework and research suppliers in detail. Start by searching the TWF archives as there is a ton of historical posts available here.
  11. chimneypot

chimneypot

Hi great post, thank you! Im very new to this and doing due dilligence on all sites i log onto. Im actually amazed how many people are getting scammed?
  12. breakingthehabit123

breakingthehabit123

Great post! People are always going to find a way to scam people out of money.. Its just about using common sense. You know the saying.. "If something seems too good too be true.."
  13. pete_9071

pete_9071

14. Map1688

Map1688

all these supplers/sellers have been added to our black list. Thank you!
  15. Linda Chery

Linda Chery

Thx for your kind tips. I will avoid to buy from them.
  16. james7536

james7536

The disputes would be even more awesome ;)

It would be great if we did have a comprehensive database of every scammer to exist. Problem is more and more pop up everyday and we have no chance of keeping up. The best way is verifying them yourself and putting in the hard yards yourself. Thats the risk of being an entrepreneur and trading online.