A little blog help would be appreciated?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by liamhawes, Apr 13, 2012.

1. liamhawes

liamhawes

Hey all, i really want to have a blog to compliment my website but im just not sure what sort of content to write about?

Any help would be great or any ideas on what sorts of things to write about, i'd like to do a post every week or so.

Basically my site sells mainly womens sterling silver jewellery and watches etc but im not really sure how much i can write about that?

Any ideas would be awesome, thanks.
  2. planner

planner

That's what you need to write about. The items you have mentioned. Write a piece about different types of silver jewellery. The types of different watches your selling. I.E. times watch, what's good about it? why should you buy it etc. Best of luck.
  3. Proudlock

Proudlock

Another thing you could post about on the blog is occasions when the silver jewellery could be bought for i.e. items great for anniversaries or birthdays, etc, etc. Remember you are trying to show your expertise in the area as well as get some customer engagement and give your site and business a personal touch.

You could also run some images of your customers who have purchased the jewellery - like of them wearing the items, to kind of show them off to other potential customers and also show that you care for your current customers.

Just some ideas.
  4. liamhawes

liamhawes

Hey yeah i like the idea of featuring some of my buyers in the blogs etc but am the moment i mainly sell via ebay. How would i go about asking if they wanted to be a part of this, Just add a note in the parcel?

Thanks for advice so far
  5. Proudlock

Proudlock

Yeah I suppose that could be one way of doing it - normally these types of customer interactions I have seen are across platforms like facebook and twitter which make it a bit easier to achieve. Maybe run it as a contest/competition - for example to find the next jewellery model for your goods on the homepage of your site or something. I'm not too sure, kinda of just thinking out loud. With ebay it is a little more difficult.

Another thought is you could write about the sorts of outfits or similar that your jewellery goes well with potentially if your struggling for content - have you heard of polyvore? Its a site where you can put together outfits, maybe you can do some and then add your jewellery to it - just another thought.

Hope that helps a bit.
  6. liamhawes

liamhawes

Yeah i have about 293 fans on my facebook page. Could try getting them involved. At the moment am trying to improve my website.
  7. planner

planner

Lets say for example. You asked one of your fans who bought something of you.Why that piece of silver jewellery or watch? What was the reason? Why did you buy it? Hope you can see what am trying to point out. :)
    Proudlock likes this.
  8. Proudlock

Proudlock

I like that idea Martin - gives you great insight to write about your customers, some real content that will interest similar buyers, whilst also providing you as a business with some in-depth market research that can help you to understand your customers buying behaviour better.
  9. planner

planner

Cheers Sam. I shock myself sometimes lol.;)
    liamhawes likes this.
  10. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi Liam,

I'd be interested to see celebrity jewellery trends like who's wearing what and if you have similar items so that shoppers can "get the look". I imagine this will also be useful for your Facebook updates when you annotate or edit photos (i.e. instagram collage style) to include your own related stock.

One of our community advertisers, Room31 (fashion) does this very well - they also have a blog you can check out to give your more ideas.

I hope this helps :)