1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

ABS Holdings - A word of warning

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by bingo-gringo, Jun 18, 2012.

1. bingo-gringo

bingo-gringo

Just a word of warning regarding ABS Holdings, on the whole a decent enough co until it comes to the accounts dept, you pay for your goods and then get emails or phone calls saying it hasn't been paid for, you then spend hours tracing the payment, letting them know when it was paid etc, it happens that the accounts isn't upto speed and can't trace the money.

If you should be fortunate enough to chat to the company owner and mention the accounts dept then be ready for a mouth full of verbal from him, he is the most obnoxious, biggoted person around, and it is all "your" fault no way will ABS make mistakes. Well i'm sorry "Mr Big Man" but you need the small traders more than we need you, without the small trader you wouldn't survive ;)

As for ABS selling lingerie i would be very wary about buying any from them as they only seem to stock it for a couple of months the latest being Baci.
  2. Aislings

Aislings

Well i,m glad to see that we are not the only "small business" who have had problems with this company. as the previous poster has said the sales team are great people and really good to talk to. We have only been buying from them for a couple of years but in that time had a number of problems with the woman in the accounts, our account started as a pro forma like most business does, we would place an order, pay for it, it would arrive in good time, place another order etc the cycle goes on... THEN end of the month you get your invoice and surprise somehow we were overdue on payment :eek:, after phone calls it turns out the money we had paid PRO FORMA had not been allocated to our accounts and we were asked to check the dates it was paid!!! like this is our job!!! We then stupidly went for a credit account, big mistake, now there online ordering system allows you to place orders online and make payments online, but apparently the acocunts can't link the payments you make online to your account?????? so the cycle continues!!

As was mentioned about the owner if i remember his name is Tim Hemmings (god knows how, but he won an award from ETO) he will shout at you, try to belittle you, i understand he will try and look after his staff, but some staff need to learn how to do their job, and he needs to realise that unless he does something about them his co will go down the pan. When the previous poster said he was obnoxious they were not far from the truth!

ABS have since decided that we are not the "right" kind of customer they want and have dropped us as a customer, I cant say it has been such a big loss as we have now found a much better, easier company to deal with. It is my opinion that ABS are just looking to trade with the larger businesses.
  3. Aislings

Aislings

Oh and i forgot to say, apperently we are the only business who has a problem with the accounts, well this has been proved wrong as there are now at least 2 of us
  4. Pete Sage

Pete Sage

I would like to set the record straight. As a company, we value every customer that we do business with whether they be large, small, or not even in existence yet. We all work very hard at what we do, which has been recognised by the many awards we have won and the very many happy customers we have. Yes, we are not perfect. We do make mistakes at times, but we do whatever we can to make up for any that we do make.
    Kind regards,
    Pete
  5. mark ward

mark ward

Hi

I'd just thought I'd say that I've been dealing with ABS for just over two years and can't fault their service in any way. I've dealt with both Pete and Glenn, and have found them both extremely helpful and great fun to deal with.

I have no complaints whatsoever and would recommend them highly to anyone.

Kind regards

Mark
  6. Lynne64

Lynne64

Hi I'm new to the site and was looking for something.

Came across this review of Abs and have to say after dealing with them for over 12 years now I have had no problems at all.

I must also be one of their smallest customers and I've always been treated well.

The sales staff are great and will try to help you with the smallest of problems had no bad experiences from the accounts even when things went wrong.

I can understand why they win the eto awards etc

Lynne