1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

News Abuse of Amazon Variations

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by Online Seller UK, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Online Seller UK

Online Seller UK

2. meenas

meenas

Not sure if the page has been fixed but I dont see any major abuse - unless you're referring to the different models listed as different colours?
  3. Jed

Jed

One appears to be a branded model, and the other just a non-branded third party copy hijacking the listing.
  4. meenas

meenas

Are you sure? Both have the brand down as MIBAO and both sold by seller Mibao-Family.
  5. Jed

Jed

One is unbranded...
    Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_1.png

Not surprising tactics really given it's a Chinese company,

[​IMG]
  6. meenas

meenas

Well theres a user review with image of the actual 'unbranded' version and it does have the Mibao logo printed on it. Most likely I would say that a photo of the products render without the logo was accidentally uploaded instead of one with it.

Its just a Chinese 'brand' like you said and its the manufacturer selling its own products so not really possible to sell a counterfeit product of your own item is it.

The only real crime here i'm willing to bet that at least 90% of these 'reviews' are technically purchased by promising a full refund in exchange for a 5 star review.
  7. Mary W. king

Mary W. king

Incorrect variation listings are rife on Amazon. Once you know what to look for, you’ll find them everywhere when you browse the marketplace.

Product listing policies are some of the least understood rules on the Amazon platform, and it’s easy to see why. They’re complicated. They differ for different categories, and the meaning of a policy often relies on how a specific word is defined. Sometimes, that special definition is not even provided to sellers in the available policy information.

In the last few months alone I’ve seen more product variation misuse cases than I have in the previous four years of working with Amazon sellers. Not because more people are abusing the listing variation policies, but because Amazon has taken more action to police these rules

Found on: