1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Acme Sports based in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by design15, Nov 11, 2015.

1. design15

design15

I am just starting my own business and decided to order some gym bags from Alibaba site. I ordered some personalised gym bags based on one from their site and paid by bank transfer. As I was only ordering 25 I was discouraged from ordering a sample. (By the way the bags were not cheap). This was my first mistake. When I got the bags they were totally different to the bags I had ordered. When I tried to get some refund and reason with them their answer was firstly they are the same bag and secondly the image on the site is for advertising purposes only. Although image on site was leather I was getting canvas I would expect shape of bag , handle shape etc to be the same.I have complained to Alibaba but like many before expect no satisfactory outcome.
  2. Adam@ActiveUK

Adam@ActiveUK

I myself have just started importing. and have had no problems, but I have followed some strict guidelines for making relationships with new suppliers. I will only buy of Company's that are Alibaba are Gold suppliers, and are trade assured over the value of my total goods. I have found that the company's that fall into this category are good honest suppliers, who will bend over backwards to make you happy, in fact I would not be surprised to get a birthday card next year of some of them. Was this supplier a gold Supplier?
    Adam
    Cody likes this.
  3. Adam@ActiveUK

Adam@ActiveUK

And I forgot to add, by no means necessary buy any stock from any supplier, trade assured or even gold members, without first having a sample sent.
    Adam
  4. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

samples mean very little in the world of manufacturing especially china and India...you will receive a great sample then something completely different for the main production. I've dealt with 5-10 different manufacturers for bespoke garments and don't think I have ever had something identical to that which I have requested.
  5. Low Cost Sourcing

Low Cost Sourcing

As I said on another thread you have replied to, Alibaba Gold supplier status is not an indication of trust or the quality of supplier. It is simply a title which any supplier using the platform can buy direct from Alibaba. Can you please stop advising people to look at this as an indication of whether a supplier is genuine or not as this is simply not the case. Instead advise members to perform due diligence on all suppliers through research.
  6. Adam@ActiveUK

Adam@ActiveUK

You are correct Low cost Sourcing. I am stating that Gold supplier coupled with Trade assurance is a good starting point.
  7. Low Cost Sourcing

Low Cost Sourcing

Trade Assurance, secure payment methods and doing you research yes but you should never pay attention to whether a supplier has bought Gold Membership or not as it means nothing at all.