1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Advice and feedback for blog

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by petsncharms, Apr 25, 2012.

1. petsncharms

petsncharms

I am a relative Newbe and have limited knowledge. Due to limited funds I have done everything myself so really could do with some advice. I have a blog or two to support and gain traffic through tot my website. The main one which I started before my website on blogger has had some 600 or so vistitors.so far but no one has signed up to follow it. I have many interactive ideas on there as with my site to attract people. All Pet themed as this is my niche area. I have been marketing both my site and blogs so that I imagine I am doing correctly to get the visitors in the first place, But I must be doing something wrong that no one is posting or following or signing up to the forum etc. Or is this to be expected! Any advice please?
  2. planner

planner

Maybe if you posted your blog link on here. Members could give you some answers. Good or bad.
  3. petsncharms

petsncharms

4. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

Too much going on, on the page. Full of ....crap down the side's.

People literally just want to see the blog posts, nothing more.

The colour scheme of the blog is, well, nasty. Make it clean and simple, then people will take notice more, so make the background colour on the blog posts white, with black text.

Another thing you could do, is to make the Headlines of the blog posts better, so people actually take notice of the posts.

Keep us updated with the changes, All the best ;)
  5. petsncharms

petsncharms

Thanks for taking the time to have a look. I take it as constructive advice.

I changed my website recently to make it cleaner and simpler as I decided was far too fussy and cluttered. And decided it looks less amateurish now. I will make the changes to my blog and and hope it works.

Thank you for the advice :)
  6. jay82

jay82

Hey. i happened to be reading this thread. i was wondering exactly how blog and article writing plays a role in website development?
  7. jack2230

jack2230

To reply to the OP, the blog doesn't look to bad and I hope it all goes well. In terms of your question Jay you should really create your own threads instead of hijacking others but it does play a very important role in web development and business online as content = good search engine rankings and so it's therefore very important to SEO Guys and Web Developers. Also a lot of web developers have sort of side businesses let's call them which are basically websites/blogs such as the one above that make some extra side cash from Ads etc. which can be quite a good earner since they develop the sites themselves which cuts out a lot of the cost and they can earn an easy couple hundred dollars a month in some cases.
  8. EJames

EJames

edit, sorry for being rude
  9. jack2230

jack2230

I beg to differ EJames I know many web developers who run blogs and websites and make a lot of money from them, nearly as much as their web development job. Also I like the claim only Authority websites make money as that's fairly arrogant considering many Internet Marketers I know swear by smaller sites and they make up a big part of their strategy. Not sure what the latest Google updates have done to affect that though but they are still very popular and you still find loads of people saying Micro niches are the future especially in your favorite forum James - The One with a bunch of so called Warriors.
  10. EJames

EJames

11. jack2230

jack2230

I don't really know EJames just going by what others seem to say on places like the Warrior Forum. And If Google did do what you are saying, that would screw the entire internet as I'am sure Web Hosts, fit 100 sites on a dedicated server which are all legit, so how would that work?
  12. John

John

Hmmm.. Not so sure about that because web hosts could host 100 sites on a single VPS with 20-30 of them (if they are micro blogs) being the same category. Now the owner of each individual blog could be different, so if Google where to do this, again it would probably be a silly move as you will never define who runs which blog.

And also, maybe you should look on Warrior Forum to get a good insight to really understand the concept.

Also, Hi Jack! Hows things? Drop me a line sometime, it will be good to catch up ;)

Regards :)
  13. EJames

EJames

14. successjourney

successjourney

Oh no, not again James! :D
    Just say what you know and try to avoid saying things like this. Not everyone has a super knowledge with the subject in discussion but they all are entitled to their opinions. If it bothers you, ignore it but don't ever tell anyone to gett off the subject or stupid cos it's a playground for everyone to play!
    Again, people have different experiences and understanding. You don't need to say things like this to prove your point. Stick to the matter in hand and share your knowledge and see if that helps others. People will respect you more and will certainly appreciate your input.
    Good for you that you know the industry so well. Post what you know and help others understand better if that's the case. I, for one, want to learn more about this particular industry but please don't tell me I'm stupid :D
  15. EJames

EJames

16. successjourney

successjourney

The way I see it is that you prove anyone wrong by explaining what you know, NOT by saying how little they know about the subject.

You don't need to say how little they know cos when you explain the subject with the knowledge you have, it will SHOW by default. It will show 'ah, this guy REALLY knows his stuff!'. People will want to hear more. Saying things like 'you are stupid' is not going to add any credibility to what you say and that's a pity (for you and others) if you have a lot of knowledge and knowhows to share.

Anyway, look forward to reading more positive input! :)
  17. EJames

EJames

18. successjourney

successjourney

:D I'm enjoying this but this is my last post on the thread.

Knowledge and wisdom come from knowing that nobody knows everything. When someone shares their opinions, they are limited to what they know/their experiences, which means they aren't always right. Who takes everyone's advice on here as gospel? You pick as you see fit. Or ignore. In the meantime, if you have a good thing to share with others, well, it's a good thing to do!

People see what they want to see. I've been here longer than you but I've never come across anyone who thinks they know it all. I've learnt that a lot of people are very helpful. Even if there are no financial gains, there are people who are VERY generous with their time and advice.

We are on the same forums but with so different perspective. How odd! :)
  19. John

John

You know, this is pure rudeness, People on these forums enjoy learning and such debates do happen. But I bet there are people on these forums that know double what you do. But do you hear them calling you stupid? Unintelligent?

Please, I think you need not only to get off the subject, but to also get some manners. (oh btw, I am not targetting this at anyone ;) )

Regards

:)
  20. jack2230

jack2230

Hi John, I will send you a PM later today. Also EJames, I'am not saying niche sites are going to make you millions but I'am saying their are people around who still use them to make money and I don't think they are going to die anytime soon. Also your thing about Google with Web Hosts, unless they linked it in with Adsense somehow it would break the internet and even if they did link it with Adsense, wouldn't it effect their bottom line and so that profits and revenue would take a hit. Lastly if they were able to link it with Adsense, I'am sure some black hat SEO person will simply find ways around it, which is what they have been doing for the last 10 years +. Now considering I know nothing on the subject though, I guess my post is all ludicrous anyway. :D