1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

advice on accounting software

Discussion in 'Money, Accounts & Finance' started by ZMan123, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ZMan123

ZMan123

hi i am looking to start using an accounting software for my busness , currently not been using anything and giving the accountant all the details who has been calculating for me.

however i understand to be fully organised i willl need a record for myself.

I am wondering how it will work , when I first start using the accounting software, do I need to go back and input previous years data? such as capital etc... as I assume I cannot randomly start at any date ?

what is the best way of implementing a new accounting software?
  2. Gere@234

[email protected]

First of all, you need to tidy up your previous accounting data. Coordinate with your accountant to correct all discrepancies and inaccuracies in your books.

Then choose a suitable date (preferably the end of an accounting quarter or year) and close everything off in your old system.

After this, you have to decide whether to import your historical data or just enter the trial balances. You should seek the help of your accountant or advisor to make sure you're doing it right.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017