1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Alibaba Gold Member Scam

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by robbobb, Jul 29, 2007.

1. noisia

noisia

I know i have only been a member for a few days but i have been researching buying from china for a month or 2 spending every hour out side of work researching China. I have made a small book on what to and what not to do where to buy and where not to buy. I made my first order yesterday from a company i found through google. Sofar so good... i have recieved a tracking number (DHL) and it all tallys up.
    I am amazed on how many people buy through alibaba understanding the risks involved! Try google u'll be amazed
  2. Leaves

Leaves

I am so mad, my good friend from Europe has been scammed by this company in Alibaba;
    Xiamen Sunyo Imp. & Exp. Co., Ltd.

for thousands of Euro's in pretending they sell you toys and say they have a factory, but they dont have a factory and the office in XiaMen is fake, they use other people the details and your downpayment will be lost.
    The contact person is fake, you can ask for an ID copy and should always ask for an ID copy before do business, same as for the company liicence nr.
    Please be very careful and let this not happen to you.
    I also do not understand why Alibaba does not control this better and cut scammers off more quickly, good and honest businesses are getting hurt !!!
  3. jimxjk

jimxjk

we should check estibashed date of the suppliers firstly, scam company have to change name after they got the money by scamming.
  4. jimxjk

jimxjk

I can help to verify chinese suppliers for you, it is free, but maybe need some exchaging job for marketing my business, pls contact jack.xu.cn@gmail.com
  5. gporcaro

gporcaro

6. mollycat

mollycat

Hi, Please will you contact us as we have had the same problem with this man and we are planning to take him to court to recoup our money. Please email us at: ********************
  7. mollycat

mollycat

Hi, please will you contact us as we have had the same problem with this company and we have no intention of allowing him not ot pay us, we may beable to hepl each other. Please mail us at: ********************
  8. Tenzin

Tenzin

I concur. My gold membership ended earlier this year and I will never take their service up again, primarily on the basis that they were (and I strongly believe still are) more interested in getting your money than serving your business needs.

There was this Chinese Alibaba saleslady who pitched their package to me, saying the subscription fee is a fraction of what the european companies are paying. In the attempt to close the sale, she said the promotional price of just SG$2K/year will only be valid till the end of the month. On top of that, they will offer advertising space on their homepage.

She was very aggressive, calling everyday to check on the decision making process.

Once I signed up, after exercising due diligence in ensuring it is from a legitimate company, I was not given a single notice that my subscription has started after Verisign made a brief phone verification to my company (they just need to know that your phone is reachable and that the address of your company is as per what you have registered it to be in your country).

No post-sales call was ever made too.

More importantly, the amount of enquiries we received, has absolutely no difference as when we listed our products as a free member. Though I still have to give credit for those who signed up for products that are very competitive.

I always hold the belief that if the front line is exhibiting poor business practice, the top management is questionable.
  9. toneefc

toneefc

Robbed on the alibaba
  10. toneefc

toneefc

Keep away dont trade till they change security for buyers, full of conmen, alibaba dont give a hoot, so let them no we wont buy of them
  11. jimxjk

jimxjk

Hi , I can help to verify Chinese suppliers from China.
    It is free but need some exchanged work. For example, tell me how to market in your country and what websites are useful for my business, or post some links for markeing my business.
    Pls contact my email jack.xu.cn@gmail.com if you need this. Thanks
  12. tradesafechina

tradesafechina

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/49814/Xiamen_Zhongpin_Technology_Co_Ltd_.htm

Warnings from 2007 about the named company.....if only people would do a bit of research and stop trying to buy electronics,branded clothes/trainers or the latest "hot item"..
    If people did some research it is possible to buy branded electronics/clothes etc here in the good old uk but time and research is required-it wont fall into your lap which is what some expect from china.
    If i advertised i-pads for around £250 brand new here in the uk wouldn't you just for one minute think this isn't right,so why does it feel right in china??
    Sadly the same "i've been scammed" posts will be on here the next few days....:(
  13. jimxjk

jimxjk

yes, it is impossible from the beginning if you want to buy one branded electronis products from China in extremly cheap price, but most of us always don't believe that and want to try when facing the temptation.

14. wicked

wicked

15. jimxjk

jimxjk

I locate in Shenzhen, I don't know why so many buyers were scammed. Maybe mainly by the chepaer prices which are not real.
    Sugget again, you can verify Chinese suppliers from Alibaba by below ways:

1) Price: Expense not mean good quality, but cheapest must man bad quality or service, is the price you got very low compared with regular prices from market?
    2) Company History: Scammer/Fraud have to change company name often, if this company is registered for a short time, you should be carefully.This can be verified by some government website free or with some cost;
    3) Credit Record: You can search this company from internet, then you can find some information or what is the feedback by other buyers. It can also know some information about this company history by the posted/written date of the poster/member;
    4) Verify by friend: if you have Chinese friends, it is better, just let them call the suppliers directly and also find some information from internet by Chinese language, but this is only assistant manner for above;
    Don't believe the paper certificate which from Alibaba or Chinese Government /Organization;

Item 2 is best way, because as one company with a long history, at least they will never scam several thousands dollar without shipping to destroy self credit.HK registered Company can be verified in English without cost as the link I given in below. But for Chinese registered company, no free website to support, also no English version to support, so best way is to verify by Chinese friends.
    Visit http://www.icris.cr.gov.hk/csci/ - English - unregistered user - search - company name:
  16. eyongs

eyongs

good post
  17. fizzy

fizzy

im looking a purchasing shawls and stoles and a chinese company has contacted me and was wondering if anyone know if they are legit. cannot find them on the internet.

Yangzhou Yinhe costume&accessories Industry Co., Ltd,
    Address:Huayang West Road 32#,Chahe Town,Hanjiang District,Yangzhou City,Jiangsu Province,China
    Executive Manager:Fred Su
    Telephone:0514-87844888
    Cellphone:13802709623
    Does anyone know who is good to use for this product?
  18. jimxjk

jimxjk

this company is existing by Chinese search, but history is not more than one year.
    the company phone is in one city, but the cellphone is in another city.
    There is no official website by this company.

So it is some difficult to jusge, some one maybe want to start business, but they maybe is short history and not want to invest too much on the thing like website.

Or maybe that is trader based on one really factory from friend with different name. It is also common in China.

If you are ready to do a long term business, it is better to verify by one Chinese company in the first time.

Others, don't send order payment (not samples cost) to any prviate account, just company account before you have full credit to that person or company.

Good luck to you.
    Jack

19. ratatuj

ratatuj

professional business conversation.. :p I am a supplier (socks) and is really hard to understan these "professional business conversation", thanks for the example, really learning experience.. :)
  20. dazzeruk37

dazzeruk37

Hi guys im new here and i would like to get a little bit of advice from you i am talking to a guy who says his item is genuine and offers money back if i am not happy the guy has a store aswell he offers paypal and numerous other methods of payment along with escrow i am after a camera to sample to make sure its genuine from http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...Original-Canon-DSLR-EOS-550D-wholesalers.html has anybody got any advice please before i deal with him i actually cancelled a western union transaction yesterday after finding places like this so i would like to protect myself as much as possible