1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Alibaba Gold Member Scam

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by robbobb, Jul 29, 2007.

1. chaoscreater

chaoscreater

2. Loon

Loon

Thanks for the heads up lads.. Its a shame low lifes even do this sort of thing inthe first place! Grrrr
  3. Team Alibaba

Team Alibaba

[FONT=&quot]Hi there, this is Sovanna from Alibaba.com’s Hong Kong office. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Alibaba.com takes the issue of fraud very seriously and we are doing our best to introduce more trust and safety measures to make our marketplace a better place for doing business. If you suspect any of our supplier members of committing fraud, please submit a report to: ******************************************************. Once you have filed your complaint and, if your complaint is substantiated, the supplier you dealt with will be immediately removed and banned from our platform.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    I also wanted to highlight our Fair Play Fund, which is the first program of its kind to take the fees from an Alibaba.com supplier’s membership and use that money to offset buyer losses if that supplier commits fraud. If a China Gold Supplier is removed from Alibaba.com based on a confirmed case of fraud, the remainder of their Gold Supplier fee is added to the Fair Play Fund, which is supplemented by cash from Alibaba.com.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    If you suspect fraud from a China Gold Supplier, please contact customer service immediately at *********************************. The customer service team will then provide instructions on verifying fraud and applying for the fund.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    We also recommend that you visit our Safety & Security center for more information on how to protect yourself in international trade: ************************************************[/FONT]
  4. Cephacat

Cephacat

I doubt if anything will ever be done to address my issue by Alibaba as the site itself is dubious!! Try posting a complaint, you cannot even enter values in some fields such as supplier email address and simply go around in circles!!
    Anyway "Guangzhou Huakang Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd" claim to be a Gold Supplier. I purchased a combination electotherapy machine for $200US. It fails after 6 uses and 10 weeks. No problem, they offer a warranty... or do they??

The response after asking for a replacement or a refund:

Hi,Mark​
    Iamsorrytoreplyyousolate.
    Iamsorry,wedon'thavetheservicerepresentativeinGeelong.YoucanfindamaintainerinGeelongtolethimhaveacheck.
    AndIamsorry,thereisnorefundinourcompany,wejustwillsendyoutheaccessoriestorepairittogetherwithyournextorder.​

Yoursfaithfully​

CarolJian,OverseasSalesRepresentative
    Make your own mind up if this is a Gold Supplier scam!!!
  5. Import Expert

Import Expert

I'm not sure if this is still the case but it certainly was, in that Alibaba sellers can simply buy Gold status, so it appears they are trusted when in fact they could be anyone.
  6. Levy

Levy

As a matter of fact, the member grade in Alibaba is not gotten by his reputation or integrity level or product quality or service, etc. Only Gold member paid more money to Alibaba than other members. In general, B2B website will define the member level regarding the annual fee, that is the same as Global sourcing website.
    So never believe that called gold member or silver member.
  7. riantindustrial

riantindustrial Banned Member

news, alibaba has just started a program of verifying every registered company if it is real. So now it is not easy to join alibaba as a supplier if you are just a guy wanna do little trading with a offshore company. that will also help to stop a lot of scammers out of the door. anyway, things are getting better.:)
  8. kuniva101

kuniva101

And so they should.

I am new to this, and I am surfing through alibaba. I only contact sellers that take escrow or paypal, and sellers with more than 1 year membership catch my attention more.
  9. awais ganatra

awais ganatra

10. kuniva101

kuniva101

I'm staying away from Alibaba. Contacted around 20 suppliers and wow the scammers ... I'm going with e sources. They offer at least 10k income or your money back XD seem very reputable as well and have a lot of guides etc.
  11. CanadianBuyer

CanadianBuyer

Gerald Bowser of iOttie is a scammer on Alibaba, he almost got me
  12. sparagas

sparagas

hi i searching for suplierer from uk, and one of the alibaba.com member write my a leter

For more assurance , i will personally let you make
    the payment to any name of your choice as the receiver in
    London U.K,And when you get the goods and confirm its quality and
    quantity,then you go and change the receivers name to our accountant name
    via Western union.

All we need here is sincerity and honesty, If you will
    promise us that you will change the name to our accountant name after
    receiving the goods.

Normally, before you can transfer/Receive fund via Western
    Union you need the Senders Name which is you and the Receivers name
    which is our ID, But you make the payment to anyname. You proceed with the
    payment to any name of your relative , friend or any name you can form on
    your own to UK.

Example:

Receivers Name:(Your relative name or any name you like)
    City :Luton
    State: London
    Amt:

And when payment is made send us the Scan Copy of the payment
    so that we can confirm these:

Senders Name
    MTCN(Money Transfer Control Number)
    Amount Paid
    Country Money is Sent from..so as to confirm payment on

<****************************************************************

then we effect shipment immedatly and get back to you with the
    shipping details such as Tracking Number and Airway bill.

Pls i really confide in you that you will not disappoint me
    after getting the goods.

it is save to do that? bescause o dont now anything about westerunion
  13. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Stay away,it's a western union Scam!

Scott
  14. jimxjk

jimxjk

I have worked on export more than 10 years, I met many funny customers. Some are not professional on the products they want to buy and believe those quotation in unreasonable cheapest.Some like to do business with Chinese sales girls but no a man and want something happen. So they are taken in. If the buyer are serious and professional, they know how to judge from supplier history, communication, and price level. Pls bear in mind, expense not mean good quality, but cheapest must mean bad quality or service.
  15. donver

donver

I don't entirely agree with your opinion.
    Dapeng is normal brand for mobile phone in China. I used ever. which is low price with low quality. You just can use it for one year, then it will work bad.
    The owner of website will send you the phone, but it's like drop-ship, that's why she is not able offer you the photos of phone taken soon.They don't have the goods on hand. But that does not means they are the scammer.

You don't know China very well. The Dawn said right, you can not visit the FACEBOOK, TWITTER,YOUTUBE in China because of the great firewall by the government. That's the true.If you can, you have to use the proxy service.
  16. studio1one

studio1one

To be honest you are pretty rude there and there is nothing to suggest they are a scammer.

Chinese trading companies do not usually hold stock. They buy from the market as you place your order. This is standard

It is Saturday night and she is at home

You really can't access Youtube in China.

I looked into the company out of interest after reading this and there is nothing to suggest they are a scam. Maybe they are but they appear legit.

I think you need to learn more about doing business in China before you start getting abusive with people and calling them scammers.
  17. yokan

yokan

hi,i am foreigner currently in shenzhen

i make order 2 month ago from Shenzhen Tianruiyi Technology Co. Limited,this company first give me very good quality product,after make order they preparing order very slowly and very disgrace,we just order 60 kit e cigarettes but they send us via 4 different carton pack,i assamble myself and send to 30 set my turkey customer,he said quality very bad also some batteries broke when put the charhing and some is not working,he do not want make any order like this bad fake product,he is reseller in turkey each month sell more than 500 kit e cigarettes he ask to me give another 30 set cigarettes back

this company sales person still not want get back return good also she say we sell every month 100 000 our products very hight quality and no one customer like to you say quality problem,actually every chinese company say our products hight quality and say no any customer say have quality problem actually some seller really lier

she is also threatening me,she say i will call some people for beating you,i have open complicant on alibaba i am really hate like this peoples

my last words please becarefull for scammer
  18. Daniel Ash

Daniel Ash

Hi all,

I want to warn you of a company called Market Union, you can see their link here.

I am a British Importer of textile goods, and I recently bought 2,000 items of textiles from them.

After investing in a sample, contract and many hours of description (and even paying through Ali-escrow), the goods have arrived in a way that is completely unusable.

We agreed on a stretchy material, but their material does not stretch.

I made contact will all their executives, the Department Manager: Eric Zhuang, their General Manager: Tom Tang, but they will not honour their commitment.

They know that the Chinese legal system is unhelpful towards foreign companies, and are therefore in a position to ignore any requests for a refund.

Their website talks about their Quality Control Service, but from my experience it does not exist.

Be aware.

Regards

Daniel Ash
  19. Jason Richter

Jason Richter

Just wanted to add a couple more to the list and hopefully google will crawl the info so it pops up when others search it.

1.Company Name: ShaShaShi Technology Co., Ltd.

2.Phone:0086-15814765137

3.E-Mail *****************************

4.MSN *****************************

5.Skype tengbentechnology

6.Yahoo ***************************

7.Website *********************************

8. Address: Room 901, East Of Building 3, Saige Technology Park, Futian

District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (Mainland)

Beneficiary's NAME: ShaSha Shi
    Beneficiary'S Account No: 6216612000005315292
    Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ45A
    Institution Name: Bank of china Xi Luoyuan sub-branch

out2129-226.mail.aliyun.com
    IP Address 42.156.129.226
    M AZIE HAMMAD
    FREESCALE MEDIA SDN BHD

**************** Fake Shipping Site

BANK NAME: CIMB BANK
    ACCT NO: 12480 10183 1525
    ACT NAME: OZAKPOR E.DEAN
    SWIFT CODE: CIBBMYKL
    ADDRESS: 27 JALAN 52/2,PJ NEW TOWN,46200,PENTALING JAYA,SELANGOR,
    MALAYSIA
  20. Jason Richter

Jason Richter

Just wanted to add a couple more to the list and hopefully google will crawl the info so it pops up when others search it.

1.Company Name: ShaShaShi Technology Co., Ltd.

2.Phone:0086-15814765137

3.E-Mail *****************************

4.MSN *****************************

5.Skype tengbentechnology

6.Yahoo ***************************

7.Website *********************************

8. Address: Room 901, East Of Building 3, Saige Technology Park, Futian

District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (Mainland)

Beneficiary's NAME: ShaSha Shi
    Beneficiary'S Account No: 6216612000005315292
    Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ45A
    Institution Name: Bank of china Xi Luoyuan sub-branch

out2129-226.mail.aliyun.com
    IP Address 42.156.129.226
    M AZIE HAMMAD
    FREESCALE MEDIA SDN BHD

**************** Fake Shipping Site

BANK NAME: CIMB BANK
    ACCT NO: 12480 10183 1525
    ACT NAME: OZAKPOR E.DEAN