1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Aliexpress - No Paypal

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Steve Burrows, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Steve Burrows

Steve Burrows

I intend to start a dropshipping business, sourcing on Aliexpress. However Aliexpress no longer allows the use of Paypal and I am not keen on giving my debit card details to Alipay, their own escrow service. I am wondering whether a prepaid credit card could be the way to go as if i do get scammed then this limits action to the funds on this card rather than my bank details ? .
  2. Jed

Jed

Why not just use your own credit card so you get the same level of protection offered but with more convenience?
    liamhawes likes this.
  3. Steve Burrows

Steve Burrows

This would obviously be the best move, however i have never really done anything using credit cards and i am self employed and rent my property thereby having no credit history to speak of so getting an actual credit card is difficult.
  4. Gary

Gary

You may be able to start off with one of those credit builder credit cards and work up then you're protected under section 75 for payments over £100, but if doing that be sure to pay in full every month so as to not let the interest eat into your profit!

I don't really use Aliexpress but have used Alipay on Alibaba with my business debit card a few times in the past without issue, however I don't know how good they are if an issue does arise.
  5. Steve Burrows

Steve Burrows

Thanks for that Gary, good to hear that Alipay has been ok so far