1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Amazon Associates payout rate?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Refresh Page, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Refresh Page

Refresh Page

Just sold an item through Amazon Associates via a marketplace seller for £849 but only got £7 in commission, I thought it was 5%?

Anyone any ideas if this is capped for marketplace sellers?

Ah just realised this is in the wrong section, mods please move to marketplace forum, thanks.
  2. dsben

dsben

I think £7 is the cap
  3. Mogoko

Mogoko

I've had that experience too, so can confirm it is £7. Which is a shame because that's a friggen huge sale :p
  4. Refresh Page

Refresh Page

Yeah it was for an oak dining table and chairs.

Are there any caps on sellers fees? Would the seller pay a % fee based on the full £850 or would that be capped at something sensible?

If the sellers fees are capped then it makes sense that the affiliate fees are capped for each item.
  5. CfcMalky

CfcMalky

I read on their website that in the UK it is capped at £7, I've also received £7 commission for the sales of a few ps4 & xbox one console bundles.
  6. Pete

Pete

Pretty much "money for nothing", regardless. They may cap it at 7 to keep people from over promoting, having people really aggressive about things. Even some offering kickbacks - buy through me, I'll give you a fiver refund, etc. if the commissions got to high and the associates had the claws come out.

Still go-round at the Burger Barn you didn't have before. :)