1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

News Amazon Key allows deliveries to be dropped off inside your home.

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by Cody, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Cody

Cody

I think one of the biggest topics for today to discuss, is the introduction of the Amazon Key.

We've all been there, where waiting for deliveries gets in the way of our work or other duties. It's just hard for us to wait at home all day just to accept a delivery. And, on top of that, if we're not in, we end up missing it, meaning we have to re-order a re-delivery, or collect it from our local collection office; Again, taking time off of work in order to do so.

It appears that Amazon has found a solution to missed deliveries, and this is via their new Amazon Key.

The Amazon Key requires you to install a $250 smart lock and camera, as well as an app that will allow couriers (or even friends) unlock the smart lock from their app and gain entry to your home, in order to deliver a package.

Once an item has been delivered, the courier will need to scan the parcel and confirm delivery on the app. With this, the user can also receive a notification on their phone just before the courier is arriving, and choose to watch the delivery via the smart locks camera.

[​IMG]

The Amazon Key doesn't just stop at couriers. It can also be used for anyone that needs access to your home, such as cleaners, decorators, and so on.

Amazon's Head of Delivery Technology, Peter Larsen said in a statement: "
    Amazon Key gives customers peace of mind knowing their orders have been safely delivered to their homes and are waiting for them when they walk through their doors.

Now, Prime members can select in-home delivery and conveniently see their packages being delivered right from their mobile phones."

I'm not sure about you, but I can only imagine how long this will take before hackers take full advantage of this system.

2. Oliver

Oliver

Seems like a great idea, but to be it is just asking for trouble. A camera not working or being tampered with, the door not properly closing afterwards. Just takes one small hiccup.

I guess it boils down to how much a customer wants the convenience though!