1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Amount needed for an eBay startup?

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by 1aleem, Oct 23, 2017.

1. 1aleem

1aleem

Sorry if this question has already been asked a over an over.

I wanted to ask how much what is a reasonable amount of money somebody would need to start with in order to make a full time income from an eBay business?

I had a part-time ebay business some years back which flopped, due to lack of funds at the time , but I'm looking to start again.
  2. Cody

Cody

Hmmm very difficult to say. It all really depends I guess on what your budget is for the product/s you're purchasing in order to resell. Some stories I've heard of people starting with £50 and got a bunch of cheap but popular products and made a good markup of it to re-invest in more of the same.

What would you like to look at selling, category wise?
  3. 1aleem

1aleem

Sports/hobbies and leisure is my previous niche but to be honest I'm open to anything really, as long its not too large and/or bulky. :)
  4. Erik

Erik

If that is the case, it would be best for you to start off with items that have a fast turnaround. Simple items that are frequently needed by people and could be bought in a regular basis. Look around the house, see some items that you think are frequently bought and used. Surely these small items do not need a huge capital to sell, and with fast turnarounds, you could end up saving a lot to purchase bigger items.

I also remember before that a lot of teeth whitening pens have been sold out here in our marketplace. Things like those could be worth some time to look at.

All the best!
  5. manishp100

manishp100

All depends on the cost of the items.

If you buy golf balls and sell them indivdually you may only need £50/100 to start small and get you off the ground. Now if you sell kitchen tables and sofas.. then youre looking at thousands of pounds.. its all relative to the product costs and quantity of stock you want to test out.... and also how much you are willing to invest