1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

An example of how to destroy your social media presence in one day

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Proudlock, May 16, 2013.

1. Proudlock

Proudlock

Hi,

I haven't posted anything for a little while but found this article about Samy and Amy's baking bistro in America too good to not post. After calling in the help of Gordon Ramsay for Kitchen Nightmares - he dropped them after 2 days saying they were to hard to work with. Then as they proceeded to receive some less than favourable comments on reddit and yelp, they took to their on Facebook page to comment in the situation.

Unfortunately for them - they had a complete meltdown, jammed their caps lock key on and dropped the F bomb a couple of times in numerous posts.

See the link below to show how you can destroy you facebook reputation in one night:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-is-the-most-epic-brand-meltdown-on-facebook-ever

Hope people enjoy some of the replies they got and it serves as a lesson on how not to respond on facebook.

Thanks

ps. they finally claim their facebook page was "Hacked" and thats where the comments came from :cool: smooth.
  2. Gary

Gary

That was pretty entertaining! Didn't watch the episode but yeah, looks like they just went crazy, this response to their 'hacked' claim was classic:

Katie Isom and camills like this.
  3. bayslave

bayslave

i love the quote from tropic thunder on the last bit made me crack up...
  4. Import Expert

Import Expert

They have the FBi on the case though so it will all be OK in the end........
  5. Erik

Erik

Terrible thing to do. Just watched their episode and there really is something wrong. Expecting a better review of their restaurant but ended up to a disaster. Might hear news soon that their restaurant will close down.

6. Dean

Dean

I saw this the other day - very funny indeed. Apparently all their accounts on 4 or 5 different social media platforms were hacked at the same time... yeah right!!! :D
  7. Dave

Dave

Cheers Sam for posting that, I watched the whole episode, unbelievable.

Gary, make the time and watch the whole video :eek:
  8. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Lol brilliant :D
  9. Proudlock

Proudlock

Glad other people found it amusing too!

I just checked their actual facebook page and it went from almost 3k likes to almost 74k after this whole debacle - the phrase "no such thing as bad publicity springs to mind" but I would rather not attempt this :)

Also they have announced a grand re-opening with some proceeds going to a cyber bulling charity due to them recently being affected by the negative responses they received - if I was the charity I'd make those two take a class first before accepting their donation, as they clearly need a lesson.
    Katie Isom likes this.
  10. wojteku

wojteku

2 words...
    Absolutely brilliant! :)

Scary thing is, I knew a couple of people like that :/
  11. Gary

Gary

Well Tracy loves kitchen nightmares but missed that episode so I'll watch it with her later
    Dave likes this.
  12. camills

camills

Lol....

"Are you taking reservations for luch tomorrow?"

Classic!!
  13. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Oh gosh. Their first reply is actually quiet good if not for the "sinners" part. I am saving the episodes for later haha :D

74k likes is wow, I hope they consult a PR expert to turn things around. 74k is still 74k after all.
  14. Dragos Ivanov

Dragos Ivanov

they dont need a PR .. they know what to do and its hard to find a good PR :))
  15. MyTechShop

MyTechShop

There's no helping some people - it's everyone's fault but their own.
    That really is cringe worthy isn't it
  16. Nick-D

Nick-D

The sad thing is that with "celeb culture" the way it is, they will probably get their own show from it.
  17. MathewLisett

MathewLisett

3k to 74k or even 200k doesnt matter, hell i follow david cameron and others doesnt mean i like him , i simply follow him to see all the fibs and false hope.

I saw this episode and to be honest i think its about time that gordon should have to hand a psychotherapist for people like this EARLY into the show. it would have been far better than waste time and may have start to solve things.

the problem was clearly the wife and the prat of a husband is just feeding off it and feeding her at the same time by defending her actions.

when peoples minds are so mix and messed with like hers/ his, you do need professional assistance and not like he did, simply because you are literally wading through quicksand getting nowhere but shouting out and moving around thinking you will get somewhere.

funny though how she says shes gods child, yet swears worse than ramsay and as far as i remmber being under the eyes of "god" last time i checked her type of action wouldnt be accepted in the church
  18. Teresa Tribolet

Teresa Tribolet

This was epic. I caught the episode last night. Talk about being a bully. The way she hired that poor server for just asking a question....they definitely need help with their PR. Too bad they were expecting the chef to come in and do that for them, have they never seen his shows? It did look like she made some great desserts. Maybe they should just stick to that and they'd be really successful probably. It's always a shame to see people try to stretch themselves to far and end up shooting themselves in the foot.
  19. Gary

Gary

I said exactly the same to my wife when we watched it, even Gordon Ramsey said how nice the cakes were, they'd be better off running a bakery / coffee shop and leaving the rest out of it seeing as they won't trust anyone else to do the cooking and they're stuffing it up and in denial.
    Teresa Tribolet likes this.
  20. MathewLisett

MathewLisett

well it only just got worse for them

www.laist.com/2013/05/23/owner_of_amys_baking_company_faces.phpfrom the reporters video, its clear shes nuerotic and hes an enabler. i highly doubt the fbi is involved and hi highly doubt they got hacked.

where the reporter was wasnt trespassing as it was public, and from what i understand , you dont need permission to be filmed if it on public land