1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Another Moderator?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Beneddie1112, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

Anybody think another moderator might be good? Perhaps someone to work the night shift :), Don't mind doing it if it will help out :).

There are basically 3 mods at the minute, don't get me wrong they do a fantastic job but no one on at night times and could possibly lead to someone getting duped :),

Take care,
    Ben
  2. Inferno House

Inferno House Banned Member

I could be the virtual teaboy - just post me a daily rate via Paypal :D lol!

PS: congrats Ben on MOTM, just noticed - well done ;)
  3. glasshaus

glasshaus

I think we might be in competition with each other!!!

We are usually the only ones still around at 4am;)

And I agree, another mod could be very useful. I can also do the UK morning shift, 8am - 3pm.

Matt

Infact, 5:kiss:6am, im 24/7!! :D
  4. geosamm

geosamm

Im sure that if "Admin" need another moderator they will let us know
  5. willhof

willhof

You hinting at something Ben ? ;)
  6. willhof

willhof

I'm with Ben on this one.

Anthony, Pete and Scott (and to a certain degree Mike) are the only mods at the moment.

BillyA hasn't made a post in three and a bit months (he hasn't even been on since the middle of July!)
    DoubleD_77 hasn't been on for three weeks and hasn't made a post in over a month.

The forum needs at least one more mod; if not two!

The forum is growing bigger everyday and I think the forum will struggle to maintain everything (spam etc.) with only 3 and a quarter mods.

There are several worthy people who would make very good mods. I think Anthony should be trying to appoint somebody in the immediate future.

Any thoughts Anthony ?
  7. Anthony

Anthony

Duly noted guys, thank you.
  8. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

You keep wanting to change the way this forum works Ben - you are HAPPY here aren't you ? lol
  9. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

If you two are usually the only ones around, why would we need a mod? You gonna try and dupe each other?;)
  10. Inferno House

Inferno House Banned Member

This is starting to sound like the knights of the round table lol!!! personally, i think Andy777 would make a great mod! :)
  11. AnyTshirt

AnyTshirt

I think there should be anohter 1 or 2 mods we need them.
  12. JPB

JPB

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  13. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

Agreed;)
  14. glasshaus

glasshaus

Its not broke, but its cracking, we are suggesting putting in some supports some where.
  15. PT

PT

Personally, at this stage in time, I think everything is under control.
  16. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

The reason I asked is there were a lot of spam posts last night, and they were posted around 1am, these were removed in the morning but still means they were up for 7-8 hours, All it takes is for one forum member to get duped by them and lose a lot of money that could have been avoided easily.

HWH, I am more than happy with this forum, all of the admins and mods do a great job but was simply suggesting that a more of a nightbod would be a good long term thing for this forum :),

Take care,
    Ben
  17. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

I know my friend - it was a tounge in cheek comment from me ;)
  18. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

I know Ian, should have put another smilie in there! :D

Take care,
    Ben
  19. PT

PT

There's always going to be times when a moderator is not online, you can appoint a dozen more and it will continue to happen. At least when it does, it's usually during irregular times of the day, when I can only imagine the forums traffic is at its lowest.

What does help is if you post in the threads and warn members of the dangers and then report the post (which many of you do, already!). That's a great help.

As I have said, in my opinion, spam is generally being tackled promptly and there is no immediate need for another moderator. That's just my opinion and I'm sure if Anthony feels that's not the case, he will make arrangements.
  20. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

Good points Pete, but is it worth the risk for the sake of announcing a new moderator? There wouldn't technically be anymore moderators if you remove one of BillyA or Double_D77, who are barely on here at all now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.