1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Another Moderator?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Beneddie1112, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PT

PT

Not saying theres any harm, just not necessary right now.

Again, just my own opinion.
  2. glasshaus

glasshaus

Tbh, the forum can only gain from another moderator.
  3. MacLover

MacLover

I would say no to another Mod, But I have noticed that at night there is no Mod on and you could benefit from having another one in the near future:D.
  4. willhof

willhof

Excactly :).

It's hardly going to cause any harm - or would the other Mods take offence.... :)
  5. uhafmail

uhafmail

I think there should be a vote for the next moderator with only members with more than 10 posts able to vote (to stop cheating, not that any potential Mod would cheat :p)... What does everyone think to that?
  6. JPB

JPB

And who here is seriously going to stay up from midnight onward's just to moderate a forum when it can easily be delt with in the morning by the mod's ?.

Spam happen's on every forum...You don't need mod's on 24/7 IMO.
  7. Inferno House

Inferno House Banned Member

I agree :niceone:

But as IBUY said, this forum can only gain from it & like WILLHOF mentioned - many mods haven't been made posts here for a while.
  8. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

Because some people browse the forums at the time, they still shouldn't be subjected to spam because they live in a different time zone.
  9. Pete

Pete

I personally don't think Anthony is one to do management by committee, let alone allow a popularity vote influence his choice, should he chose to add a mod or two.

It seems we have two petitioning for the jobs and everyone else feeling that it's not necessary, or might be OK, but not a big deal.

I am not a mod, do not want to be a mod, but will make a suggestion to the mods - Lock this baby up, nothing we say is going to change anything.
  10. HaRdy SiNgH

HaRdy SiNgH

Hit the nail on the head..
  11. AnyTshirt

AnyTshirt

At the end of the day it's up to Anthony he will let us no if he wants another mod so thats that.
  12. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

Of course Anthony has the final say but can we not voice an opinion which we feel benefits the forum?
  13. Pete

Pete

Nothing personal, Ben, but it seems you have done that. Several times. Anthony is aware of your concern and there is nothing more any of us can do. Why not close it up and move on?
  14. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

I know it's nothing personal Pete, perhaps should have put a few smilies in the post to not make it seem so serious, wasn't intended like that :).

Take care,
    Ben
  15. Inferno House

Okay everyone calm down - this is starting to sound like the Jedi council from star wars!!! lmao :D
  16. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

The truth you speak wise one :cool:
  17. Inferno House

lol!!! nice to see such fellow members with a sense of humour :)
  18. geosamm

geosamm

OK lets have a vote and implement restrictions on applicable voters..... lets say only people who have made more than 5,000 posts can vote or if your name appears in red or green... that should just about cover it.

Since when has business been a democratic system?

Should we take a vote when you want to buy stock?... increase your prices?... change your selling venue?.... pay your taxes?... go to the toilet?

If the Anthony wants or needs another mod he is more than capable of communicating that.

You are entitled to your opinion... you have stated it....
  19. uhafmail

uhafmail

Woah it was just a suggestion ok. Since when are talking on the forums a business?

People speak on these forums mainly for advice and the people who best advice people should be the Mods. People like Canada deserve to be Mods as they always go beyond most in helping people out. If there waere to be another Mod it should be based on their contributions.

However, you are entitled to your opinion... you have stated it....
  20. geosamm

geosamm

The above was not directed at you in particular but the essence of the thread in general.....
    It should have ended with Anthony's post... and as there are paid memberships perhaps this is a business with a forum add on.
    I doubt its a prerequisite for mods to give advice... and any new mod [in my opinion] should not be selected on contributions, but their ability to moderate, with their contributions only being considered as a contributory factor.
    Canada's contributions are exemplary as a supplier of accurate information... he is, no doubt, a good moderator too... but I doubt one is dependent on the other.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.