1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Any experience with YourOwnStore.co.uk?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by bmelectrics, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Woodman11

Woodman11

Dodgy avatars aside...has there been any movement from anyone as far as the legal front goes ??
  2. S Hastings

S Hastings

It is a complete waste of money, there are loads of unfortunate people who believed the quoted earnings from YOS and most people have never made a penny, in over a year, even though they have followed all the 'training', and the money back guarantee is worthless, as you could never meet the criteria for it. Avoid this company. I have wasted over £5000, I would have been better off buying 5 grands worth of lottery tickets.
    Simon
    stephen west likes this.
  3. Woodman11

Woodman11

Sorry to hear you've had such a nightmare time...I can fully sympathise though. Have you or did you consider legal action against the company ??
  4. stephen west

stephen west

I bought my store from YOS in early April 2012, as far as Im concerned it is a complete rip off and scam no one has any real chance of recouping their outlay let alone making the outrageously over estimated sums that YOS claim. I am in the process together with 20 other store owners in trying to obtain our money back, if YOS do not respond then we will be taking a joint case against them through the County Courts.

Stephen West
    LeoBiggs likes this.
  5. stephen west

stephen west

Totally agree with you its a complete scam.
    poste2sarah likes this.
  6. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

No offence intended at all, But u were all not diligent enough to see this happening, More money than sense it seems to me.
  7. Woodman11

Woodman11

Stephen can I ask how I can join this group of owners that are possibly taking a court case against YOS. I've sent letters to the company threatening action, but I am guessing similarly to yourself, more numbers is going to prove better weight in the case.

Look forward to hearing from you
  8. randman

randman

Stephen,
    Please can I ask how I could join this group of owners ? I would like to join too please.

- Another YoS ripped off customer.
    poste2sarah and Woodman11 like this.
  9. JohnLewis

JohnLewis

Very nearly put money into this outfit myself a while back. Decided against it and relieved that I bumped into someone who knew about internet marketing and said, "Why, when you could do just as good a job yourself"
    Took the advice on board and kept the cheque book closed. Really feel for you and the others involved as I only escaped their clutches through luck not judgement. Hope you all get some sort of settlement which doesn't leave you too heavily out of pocket. Scambook are onto them so I doubt they'll be operating much longer (though I guess they'll shut it all down and open up in another guise - If they are as crooked as is alleged)
    What part of Devon are you operating in Stephen?
  10. Nigel Milburn

Nigel Milburn

11. Nigel Milburn

Nigel Milburn

I looked at YOS in detail some 12 months ago and spoke to Jason West-everything seemed professional and well thought out but ultimately there was no hard proof that anybody was making any money, so I decided not to go ahead, which judging by the postings here was the right decision.

Some info I came across at the time when I was looking at YOS/YBIS as follows.

Your Own Store: Limited company is Bright Light Media Ltd.
    Regd address: 426-428 Holdenhurst Road,Bournemouth. BH8 9AA

Address on website: Dalton House,60 Windsor House, London.SN19 2RR

Directors: Jason West and Hannah West. Address: 488,Green Lanes,London, N13 4BS

Company was set up on 15 03 2001

Other companies he is a Director of are: Your Travel Store- registered
    16/08/12 and Your Own Store- registered 16/08/12. Thus new companies with no accounts yet.

In Bright Light Media latest accounts as at 31 03 12 it had a net worth of £350,993 ( basically past profits brought forward plus issued share capital )

This shows that the company has been going for nearly 12 years and has made money out of what it is doing. This can only mean 2 things either the business has a genuine business opportunity that people are willing to pay for ( and have paid for over a number of years) and is making people money- which would suggest that those who aren't making money haven't worked at it for long enough and followed it step by step or it is a business that has successfully managed to part a large number of people from them hard earned money under false pretences.

As it looks Jason West has a 12 year track record to protect, he firstly needs to deal with the barrage of complaints that seem to be building up and secondly he has a long enough track record to provide hard and fast examples that this business does actually provide meaninfull returns against the initial investment and time put in. Providing the contact details of past buyers who can confirm the business plan/ training works and validate earnings would be a good start.

In terms of YBIS: Limited company isYour Business Internet Solutions Ltd.,Regd address: 2 Mountview Court,310 Friern Barnett Lane, Whetstone. London N20 0YZ.

Address on Website: Silver Business Park, Airfield Way, Christchurch, Dorset. BH23 3TA
    Company was set up 20 10 11- so no accounts yet and little track record.

Directors: Daryl Paul Self
    also a Director of Self Property Rental Ltd Regd: 04 0 4 08 Currently Dormant.
    Self Trading Ltd Regd: 19 12 01 Net Worth: as at 31 10 11 -£68359
    plus 13 other Directorships where companies are now dissolved.

Gareth Dale Evans
    plus 4 other Directorships where the companies have been dissolved.

In terms of YBIS again anybody looking at this opportunity needs to have very clear evidence that it can actually work. To be honest the only worthwhile evidence is being able to speak to individuals who you know are independent and who can confirm they have been through all the programme and validate earnings over a period.
    YBIS as it has only been going since 10/11 is not going to be able to provide this.

Somebody mentioned in an earlier post that these businesses are connected but I couldn't find any evidence of this. Hovvever it does seem strange that they both have addresses in London and close to each other on the South Coast.

To those of you who feel you have been scammed by YOS- Jason West appears to have a reputation and successfull business to protect - get in front of him in his office / go through the issues / give him a clear timescale against which he can get them sorted/ if you still feel you have been wronged then you may have the legal route open to you- the business certainly has reasonable assets.
    poste2sarah and LeoBiggs like this.
  12. Auctions UK

Auctions UK

13. Auctions UK

Auctions UK

Hi, would be interest to receive more info regarding 'personal Hold Your Hand Service'

Thanks Ant
  14. jonoweb

jonoweb

I'm interested because I use a similar CMS to build data-feed driven sites and have been thinking of setting up a business selling these ready built niche stores, now though, I'm not so sure!

Did you guys who bought websites from these two companies make any attempt to market / promote the site yourself or did you just leave it alone? Did you research the niche and competition before buying? if the answer is no to those questions and you were relying on organic search traffic then I'm not surprised you didn't make any money, you only have to read Google's webmaster guidelines to see that your site has no place in their listings if this is the case. PPC is another story, actually I don't think PPC would be allowed on a site like that.

These sites need consistent marketing including link building, press release, article marketing, blog posting to name a few, even if you outsource it, let me tell you it needs to be done every day otherwise your site will die.

These days you need something of value, otherwise these sites violate Google's policy's falling under the 'machine generated sites' and 'thin affiliate sites' it's because the site is made up largely from content from a merchant (copied descriptions) and doesn't bring additional value to the visitor.

To be fair they do mislead you on 'potential earnings', you the EPC is true but what about click through rate, 100%? don't think so! And what's this PPC campaign going to cost me? You have to buy the traffic so those earnings are very misleading.

I don't doubt a store like that, with proper keyword and market research, professional design (which they don't), support, training is worth a 2-3k all day long, a professional design should be no less that 1k at least, but it's important to remember that all they're really offering is the groundwork of a business.

Also their sites are no mobile optimized, just check here: ****************************************(google: "mobile responsive design testing" 1st result)

The best thing to do is to pick a niche that you're interested in and have knowledge in or even an expert in, then you add a blog so you can write on the subject and review the products. Write 10 posts one day then post them over the next 10 to 14 days, in the mean time link to those posts, share them on related blogs (hey I liked your post check out mine www...), twitter, facebook etc. Link to products within the posts, that's the best scenario, you can also share industry news, information, events etc. If you do all of that and your site is seo'd properly you will eventually achieve high organic rankings for chosen keywords, that's how you do it.
    T D Sales likes this.
  15. LeoBiggs

LeoBiggs

Here we are: facebook.com/YourOwnStoreOwnersFeedback
  16. poste2sarah

poste2sarah

I too bought a store from them in May/June 2012 and from day one had problems with the site...after a few weeks I realised that I was getting nowhere and contacted them and was advised to sell it...yeah easier said than done...how can I sell a store that's not generating any income!

I just found this forum and this topic today b chance and am glad I have. Someone mentioned about banding together to take them to court...please count me in!! It is all just a big con!
  17. poste2sarah

poste2sarah

Stephen, can you include me in taking them to court?
  18. TheBigD

TheBigD

Has anyone had any experience with FranchiseForSale.org.uk or Business-For-Sale.co.uk? They have the exact same terms and conditions page as Your Own Store Ltd on their website/s, even the first line on FranchiseForSale.org.uk's terms and condition pages reads: Acceptance the Use of Your Own Store Terms and Conditions, and it does seem they've simply copied and pasted it from your own store. Do you think the same guys behind yourownstore set up franchiseforsale,org.uk and business-for-sale.co.uk?
  19. poste2sarah

poste2sarah

20. poste2sarah

poste2sarah

Stephen....it's all gone quiet?? What if anything is being done about Yourownstore?