1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Any experience with YourOwnStore.co.uk?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by bmelectrics, Nov 30, 2011.

1. poste2sarah

poste2sarah

Yes, I feel the Facebook page for owners unbiased feedback is in fact a page that has been setup by Yourownstore.co.uk. I am taking the matter further.. Awaiting feedback from Trading Standards.
  2. LeoBiggs

LeoBiggs

First court hearing against YourOwnStore is June 17th.
  3. LeoBiggs

LeoBiggs

Wrong, a group of store owners set up this Facebook page and are taking legal action against Bright Light Media / YourOwnStore.

Trading Standard is considering taking action against this company too.

The BBC has also demonstrated interest with this case and will showcase this scam in the very near future
  4. kaplan

kaplan

I will be very interested in hearing what happened with the legal action against Bright light Media/Your own store. LeoBiggs can you kindly let me know where the store owners have set up a Facebook page and how they are taking legal action. I would also like to join in.

I have also been scammed by yourownstore.co.uk. I bought a website from yourownstore.co.uk for £3500 pounds promising that it would make £45000 per year, if I just spent a few hours on the website per week.
    Woodman11 likes this.
  5. LeoBiggs

LeoBiggs

Here we are facebook.com/YourOwnStoreOwnersFeedback
  6. LeoBiggs

LeoBiggs

7. ajayp

ajayp

I have had a yourownstore website for 12 months and have received £26 in commissions.
    I have employed a SEO management company to assist and in spite of both our efforts to increase traffic I get fewer than 100 visitors each month, never mind daily.
    It is advertised as passive income and it most certainly is NOT, there must be successful owners somewhere but i have yet to find them, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
  8. ebafy

ebafy

I do feel for the majority here. A lot of the comments I have read are from honest 'working' people whom have either lost their job, or wanted a part-time residential income to see them through. BLM need to get down from their ivory tower and let justice take it's course.
  9. peterson

peterson

I bought a site through them a year ago and really wish I thought about it more before I parted with my money. I thought it would be a fast way to get going but with all problems I had it only took longer. The site was very temperamental, I was always seeing errors and eventually scrapped it.

Now that I have much more coding experience it shocks me on how much they want for such poor quality workmanship - and they're still going!

My advice is buy some software with support, get your hosting and domain yourself - it's really not hard. Then hire a developer to make tweak it to your needs. Some great affiliate datafeed software I have tried and tested in this field is Price Tapestry. For £200 it's a lot cheaper and with the aid of a template in just a few hours you could produce something even better that yourownstore.co.uk.