1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Anyboy having a Facebook group next to his own website?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by psxgamer, Dec 23, 2015.

1. psxgamer

psxgamer

For those who don't know on Facebook you find all kinds of groups to sell stuff. I'm a member of several groups myself.

Always looking for new ideas and new projects. One of the ideas I'm playing with is to start my own group.

Is there anyone that already has his own selling group next to his own website/B&M shop?
  2. Erik

Erik

Hate to admit that I'm a member of several groups as well, especially the buy and sell groups of gaming supplies :D.

I think it's not a bad idea to start a group actually. I bet that some of the admins of these groups started their own having a separate shop. Think it's easier to plug that as well knowing you are a member of other groups (just ask for permission to plug of course).

All that said, unless you will allow others to specifically sell in that group, it will then be a bad idea (think this one's against with what I said above? lol). Or, if you will just like to use it as an information sharing group (gaming news, ideas etc), then I believe it will be a great addition to your shop.
  3. Dean

Dean

I've always found that the amount of time and effort needed to get any results on anything Facebook related is just not worth it for us. I can put the same amount of time and effort in to introducing a new product line on to eBay/Amazon and for it to be far more profitable in the long run. I barely go on Facebook now for either personal or business. Not many people I know use it very often nowadays either.
  4. psxgamer

psxgamer

As a game shop I've Always gone for quality so the best titles and do a lot of effort to restore used games to the best condition ever. Also means I have some stock that doesn't meet our requirements. Lately I've been selling these cheap on some Facebook groups which works quite fine.

Always see people offering stuff that's not Always sold often thinking they can offer it for sale to us. I'm just a member in these groups, so difficult to start advertising my website.

Can be a great way to advertise though. A collegue of mine also having a retro gaming website is a member in one of these groups. Has made some polls when he wants to introduce a new line but isn't sure. Gets lots of sales like this. Only disadvantage is that he has to give a 15% discount to the member of this group to be allowed to advertise.

So was thinking by starting my own group I could do a bit the same without having to give a reduction. And could translate itself in a lot of extra people offering their stuff to sell. Since I opened my B&M shop I get so much stock in (also through the website) that I hardly buy any stock online myself nowadays. Often have more stock than I have time to put it online.
  5. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

Have to agree although i've never got further than setting up a personal page but never added anyone. I hate the idea of people knowing your business. An ex girlfriend used to use it everyday and she would spend a couple of hours just reading on what everyone else was doing. I don't have the time or patience for it. I have looked at other similar shops that have set up pages and one of them has many likes for their products often with anything from 20+ people requesting a product so really don't know if having my own business page is viable and if it is i doubt it would work if i'm not using it personally as i can't add any friends...saying that i don't really know how facebook works .

When we moved out of our last house my ex sold all our goods through a local facebook group...found it far easier than gumtree and everyone was local so worked well for that but not sure how i could use it with my current business and make any decent profit.