1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Anyone using Vine to promote their business?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lionhearts, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Lionhearts

Lionhearts

Is anyone here Using Vine to promote their business? And if so, how has it worked for you?

:)
  2. PJAS

PJAS

I've only used vine for personal entertainment, but I'm interested on hearing how people use it for their business. Maybe they use it show products or attempt viral videos?
  3. Andy777

Andy777

first time I hear of it, lol

What it does exactly?
  4. PJAS

PJAS

Its an App that I believe Twitter own, which allows you to record a video on your mobile device. You press the screen and it capture the video. When you let go of the screen, it stops recording. You can then press down again and it will record more footage. Repeat this as many times as you want. I believe you have up to 7 or 9 seconds (can't remember, but its around that mark).You can change to front/rear camera. In the end you have a short video with one or many clips all put together. No need for editing.

Its quite fun to use and theres definitely a lot of funny videos out there. Its similar to twitter with the profiles and that you can follow people. You can like videos and they save on your profile in a list of videos you've liked, and also comment on videos. You should check it out :)
    Martin Wilson and Andy777 like this.
  5. Wholesale Sportswear

Wholesale Sportswear

We have used it a couple of times & it certainly gets attention when we post the links on FB & Twitter. Customers love to see 'behind the scenes' and get an insight into who we are as a business and the 'real' people who work for us, so we've used it to show new stock coming soon and just to get people commenting the posts & reminding them that we are here!
    It is beneficial to businesses to be on every social media platform out there. The more your business name is out there the more likely someone is going to find you!
    Katie Isom likes this.
  6. SimonN

SimonN

Instagram recently added the ability to post short videos too. Very similar to Vine.
  7. PJAS

PJAS

I think thats a really good point to make. Not sure advertising your company or products, but actually showing a bit of 'in-house footage' you might say. Also, when a company see's you use these new social networking sites/apps, they may feel you are up to date and that they have some sort of 'common ground' or feel the connection between you more.

I made my first instagram video the other day. Exact same concept as Vine only you can make a longer video and add an effect, just like when you take pictures. I think it was, in a way, a good step for Instagram. But I don't think it will really be any danger to Vine as they focus entirely on videos and people won't all of a sudden move from vine to instagram.

I've seen some popular vine users make vine videos, and then have instagram for pictures, as well as make a few funny instagram videos to keep their profile popular. Smart.
  8. Erik

Erik

I highly doubt there will be a huge move from vine to Instagram at all. Sure enough, Vine users are also Instagram users, and they use both media at the same time, same with Twitter and Facebook. Anyway, what happened to your first video? Did it get enough attention?
  9. PJAS

PJAS

Thats true. I've seen a lot of Vine users actually use it to their advantage. They make funny videos on vine, and as they become more popular people want more videos. So they'll then create different/longer/even behind the scenes videos on Instagram, which builds up their profile on there too.

Well I was just playing around and videoed some bee's in the garden extracting pollen from plants, so it wasn't anything advertising related and was more for the fun of it I guess :)
  10. Martin Wilson

Martin Wilson

I also heard it first time. Whats the Vine exactly??
    Is it a professional platform like linkedin??
  11. SimonN

SimonN

Please see post #4
    Martin Wilson likes this.
  12. uberfunWholesale

uberfunWholesale

Mmm nope. Facebook and twitter are enough. There are plenty apps that push news or twitts to vine, Instagram, etc. So mainly Fb & Twiter, and only maintain our presence on others.