Article writing for blogs and websites

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by planner, Apr 9, 2012.

1. planner

planner

Ok, please note I am not advertising. If it is deemed so I will expect the big boot.:(

Right I have been writing articles for my blog etc. I would like a experienced member of here to test me with writing a article for their blog/website.

This is to see if I should take it up or call it a day.
  2. bridge32

bridge32

I use a company solely for this purpose.
    They write approx 5 articles a week for my blog and also do website articles too like newsletters.
    I won't name them on here for advertising reasons, but the way they write them is good and inspirational.
    I have stopped having them written for over 6 weeks now, as i am still waiting for my site to be compleated, then i will use them on going like i have been.
    If you love cakes, then try one on my site :D
    If it's any good, ill donate some money to a charity for your service, this way it's for a cause and hopwfully would not break any rules?
    PM me for site url if interested.
    Regards
    Nic.
  3. planner

planner

Hi Nic, not after money just after feedback to see if am in dream land or I should take it forward. Will PM you.
  4. successjourney

successjourney

But it's not like you are promoting your own business. It's someone you have used who has proved to be a good value for money. Sharing it would be in the best interest of other people who are on the lookout for this service? For example, people on here have recommended a few insurance companies they are with, companies for virtual offices, companies for 0800 number and etc.

In general, business through word of mouth is less likely to go wrong.

Ah, having said that, I've experienced once that this is not always the case. There was a forum where people couldn't stop recommending a particular 'writer'. I decided to give it a go. Even with my non native English, writings turned out to be pretty awkward and poor.

So, don't hesitate to spill! :D
  5. GDUK

GDUK

You are more than welcome to write some content for my site Game Deals UK, if Video Games is your thing?! Its going to be relaunched shortly so any new content would be appreciated. Obviously I don't know your chosen subject matter!
  6. planner

planner

7. jack2230

jack2230

You post about finding dropshipper's looks decent and pretty professional planner so great work there. I think I have seen your blog around before and from memory it also looked pretty good. I recommend that you don't need to be super talented in writing to be a blogger. If you like doing it and enjoy it why not blog? :D
  8. planner

planner

Thank you for the kind reply Jack. :) I have got my own blog but am running it down. Should be off air by the end of this month.
  9. jack2230

jack2230

wow, that's sad actually :( Well good luck with your next venture Planner but I do think while you were doing it you were very talented at Blogging and maybe one day you should come back to it :D
    planner likes this.
  10. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Gutted I missed this martin!
  11. bridge32

bridge32

planner likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael

Did I miss this?

Would have been an interesting trial to see if you can really pull out something good without lots of knowledge about wine and wine for the on-trade.
  13. planner

planner

Thank you for the reply Nic. Yes your right
    apart from eating cakes, yum yum.:rolleyes: Thats 1 reply back just waiting for another member to reply. From there I will decide on which way to proceed.
  14. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

Hi everyone,

Martin wrote me a blog too about the Atari game console for my website. Although I have not added it yet (just got back from the hospital and haven't had chance) I have had a good read and it is well written and constructed and contains a lot of good information.

I would definitely recommend taking this further and possible offering the service on the forums.

Luke
    planner likes this.
  15. planner

planner

Luke glad to see you liked the article. Thank you for your kind comments also. Had a long shift and to see that has made my day. :)
  16. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Just had a sample article done for my blog also.

I was over the moon with it.

As Luke has said, there is room for an article writer on these forums - I have had articles done for me before from other sites, the problem is many of these writers do not have English as their first language.

Recommended!
    planner likes this.
  17. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

That is my exact thoughts. The quality of english isnt great. Granted, they may be cheaper, but quality over quantity in terms of blog articles.
  18. planner

planner

Cheers Rick, Luke. I just need to work out what to do next. What to charge? which sites to join? More homework.:)
  19. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

What I would do (if you were going to join TWF for advertising) is offer the first X amount at X price to build up a portfolio of some of your work so everyone can see the real quality of it, then offer a set price there after. Some sites you might want to consider is fiverr, fivesquids, elance, TWF to name just a few. Good luck!
    SimpleEarth and planner like this.
  20. ladyvgw

ladyvgw