Asking for credit card CVV code on email

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by JN2802, Sep 15, 2014.

1. JN2802

JN2802

Hi everyone,

I was asked for credit card no. AND the CVC code via email today as a way of paying using credit card B2B. It was from a large English company. Is this even legal?
  2. beacon hill

beacon hill

NEVER !!! send your credit card details by email
    Warrior Hunters likes this.
  3. JN2802

JN2802

That's what I thought. And this is from Pyramid (pyramidinternational.com) a large poster manufacturer. I can't belive they would ask for this.

Is it legal for a company to ask for this to be sent through email? They should know better.
    Warrior Hunters likes this.
  4. Dean

Dean

Nothing illegal about asking. It's not much different to giving the details when you pay for something over the phone. It would only become illegal if they did anything fraudulent with it.

I've sent credit card details to suppliers in the past, but only where I have 100% trust in them. I just split the numbers up in to several different emails to reduce the chance of all the details being plucked from cyber space.

If it worries you then phone them up and give it to them verbally instead.
  5. Simple Aquatics

Simple Aquatics

As above, nothing illegal at all - it would worry me thought as your relying on both yours and their internet/email safety and data collection policies being tip top, so absolutely call them with it
  6. JN2802

JN2802

Thanks for all your help.