1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Babz Media on eBay

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by Sc0tty, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

Out of the last 10 things I have purchased 8 of them have been from Babz media. Those guys are running eBay at the moment, they must have quite a significant amount of eBay total sales. Anyone else the same, they seem to sell everything.
  2. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

Giants of ebay.
  3. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

I just purchased a mini HDMI cable from Babz and noticed the total items available as 18175, rather than the more than 10 it normally shows. Gives you an idea of how much stuff they have, thats nearly a 20ft container full of just HDMI cables. Crikey.

London Magic store are big, most of my phone cases come from them
  4. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

Looking at their account they have 1.7m feedback of which 1m is in the last year! Where did they come from? seems they just got massive within a year or 2.

I did hear that eBay was looking to team up with a company to become a bit like Amazon where they sell their own stock. Are Babz that company?
  5. danridesbikes

danridesbikes

30 Day figures

[​IMG]
  6. shaununo

shaununo

I have bought maillite evelopes from babz in the past, but buy them from another top seller to keep some competition in the market incase they just rename ebay Babz!
  7. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

I bought some from them aswell, soundswholesale used to be the best for envelopes. Though I think they have put their prices down to match Babz now
  8. shaununo

shaununo

Yes, soundswholesale is where I purchased my last lot of envelopes from as well, I am not sure if babz and soundswholesale just dropship them or whether they hold the actual stock.
  9. MSFB

MSFB

my question is why they won't post anywhere but the UK?

Great spelling btw.
  10. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

Yea ive always wondered that, think how much more they could sell !
  11. shaununo

shaununo

Filling in cn22 labels, putting on airmail stickers, every package has to be weighed correctly, all labour intensive and might slow them down a lot for so many £1 items + postage costs.
  12. MSFB

MSFB

I'm sure that's not the reason. There are automated processes for all stickers/forms and weighing. That all has to be done for UK mail as well. Plus any extra costs could just be added onto the P+P.

My instinct says it's something else to do with tax
  13. shaununo

shaununo

Someone is going to have to be an intern and work for nothing at babz so we can get some insider information, i would have offered my services but am at other end of the country lol!
  14. Dean

Dean

I stopped buying from Babz and all their connected accounts when they ignored my requests for VAT receipts.
    danetello and PG like this.
  15. Dirk Struan

Dirk Struan

Same here, I just restocked on envelopes this morning from Babz.
  16. Dirk Struan

Dirk Struan

"So an order placed after 2pm on Friday will not be shipped until the next Monday unless it is a Bank Holiday in whihc case it will be shipped on the Tuesday. Most 1st class delivereies arrive within 5 workink days,but due to Seasonal Delays, such as Christmas,New year, Easter, Items will take longer to arrive. We thank you for your understanding."

Yeah, it's quite surprising that they are sending out emails like the above considering how large their operation is.
  17. thewayside

thewayside

I'm imagining their warehouse and office staff are running round like headless chickens and don't worry about things like spelling.
  18. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

I reckon it's amazon in disguise
  19. Dave

Dave

Not just them, lots of other sellers,even if I put a message in the box before I pay I still don`t get a vat invoice.
  20. Dean

Dean

I have to chase a few but always get it in the end. Babz however completely ignored 3 requests for the last order I made with them. I'm sure they are not missing my business but screw 'em anyway!
    Dave likes this.