1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Babz Media on eBay

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by Sc0tty, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Dean Bernard

Dean Bernard

Most probably using a fulfilment company.
  2. Andy777

Andy777

They couldn't afford one!

Their margins are extremely small.
    MSFB and Dean like this.
  3. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

They prob make a loss on some lines, and recoup that loss on other lines
    Dean Bernard likes this.
  4. MSFB

MSFB

Can you call and ask for it? I want to find out why they won't give it... are they evading VAT? They do have a VAT number on the listings.
  5. Andy777

Andy777

Wasn't it about Babz Media - the article last year showing their operation of 40-50 order pickers?

If that was about them, imagine their payroll expense + warehousing, eBay fees, shipping etc. etc. etc.

That 1 million quickly becomes much smaller :)

I'm sure they're profitable, but their net profit should be very small compared to turnover.
    joer likes this.
  6. Dean

Dean

Its from 4 or 5 months ago so I have no need for it now.

http://vatcheck.com/

7. Dean

Dean

I'm sure someone pointed out in another recent thread that their gross annual profit was only about £200k if I remember correctly. Or have I got that completely wrong?
  8. MSFB

MSFB

Link please?!

I think their accounts showed profit of £180k which is pathetic on a turnover their size.
  9. Dean Bernard

Dean Bernard

Not everything sold on ebay is put through accounts....
  10. lordan

lordan

You are really gona hurt them doing that.
    ResellerLad and toysandgifts like this.
  11. toysandgifts

Net or gross. If it's gross, then it really isn't all that, taking everything into consideration
  12. Dean

Dean

lordan likes this.
  13. toysandgifts

Come to think of it. I couldn't care less how big these guys are or what they sell.

And i don't think anyone else should either, waste of life just thinking about them
  14. Dean Bernard

Dean Bernard

LOL:rolleyes:
  15. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

Looking at their annual account they made just under 200k. The company was dormant the previous year. the accounts show they were holding 500k of stock. It seems they are a relatively new company with massive backing to help them start up so damn quickly. The accounts are made up to 31.03.12, so I would like to see how this years account will look.
  16. toysandgifts

Bernard, how do you help sellers reduce import costs through better exchange rates?
  17. Dean Bernard

Dean Bernard

They may not necessarily be a new company, just new "on paper".

The owner may have been previously trading as self employed for many years previous to him being incorporated.
  18. Dean

Dean

If you have a better exchange rate then your purchases in other currencies cost you less in GBP! Simples!
    Dean Bernard and Sc0tty like this.
  19. Dean Bernard

Dean Bernard

To put it simply, we give you better rates so that you pay less £££ when paying suppliers who invoice you in a foreign currency i.e Chinese suppliers tend to invoice in USD.
  20. MSFB

MSFB

I realise the accounts may not tell the whole story. But with their prices I wouldn't be surprised...
    Dean likes this.