1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Babz Media on eBay

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by Sc0tty, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

This is me "guessing " but wouldnt be surprisied if they happen to be a UK arm of one of the large Far East sellers, ship container loads of gear into the UK, and sell for next to nothing, would make sense in all honesty eBay UK is a massive market place.
    Dean Bernard likes this.
  2. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

They are registered as wholesaler on companies house. So it could be possible that they had their original business in wholesale rather than retail, and have since decided to move into retail. Which would explain why they are so happy making such small margins, as they were previously selling for less at wholesale price, plus they are buying in cheaper in massive quantities from the supplier.
  3. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

Crikey, the directors are 23 and 25. They have done well. One of the directors seems to have made his money in a telecoms company.
    Dean Bernard likes this.
  4. Dean Bernard

Dean Bernard

I was saying the same thing earlier today!
  5. Dan

Dan

Andy... How old did you say you were? ;)
    Andy777 likes this.
  6. uniqbuy

uniqbuy

Its not rocket science what Babz are doing - just need a fairly large chunk of start up capital, storage space, an organised distribution process and accounting. They buy popular products with low failure rates and undercut everybody. Low margins but huge turnover.

Their website is fairly basic and when you buy stuff from them the packaging doesn't give the impression of a professional company like Currys for example.

Good luck to them but if I wanted to work that hard for such low margins, I would not have bothered with being self employed.
    toysandgifts likes this.
  7. Dean

Dean

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when the new gallery image rules kick in! How many listing images are they going to have to change!
  8. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

They could employ cheap labour from india to do it for them
  9. Nick-D

Nick-D

Photoshop automation and ebay file exchange and it can be done in a few hours
  10. Dean

Dean

Assuming they know how to do that!
    toysandgifts and Andy777 like this.
  11. MSFB

MSFB

oh come on eBay is so far up babz's arse they arent going to care about borders on his images they don't care about him listing in the wrong categories either despite it being reported to them more than once.

He's also considered a 'brand' and we all know eBay is sucking up to 'brands' more than ever to try and bring some credibility to their online boot fair.

btw I respect babz for running such a large operation and if indeed his profit is £200k then that's more than I've ever made in a year so well done. I would prefer if he was making an honest living through a legitimate business as it would show us all that it can be done.

But I'm still not entirely convinced it is all above board...
  12. Selvi

Selvi

I think someone mentioned this in the past but I'm not entirely sure how they could do it. Babz must be the most talked about company on TWF so they must be doing something right.
  13. roseyrebel

roseyrebel

Same here I buy 3 boxes of envelopes a week amazing prices, fast delivery can't fault them fair play to them, and thankyou for reminding me I needed more :D
  14. Finer Threads

Finer Threads

I just saw some ck low risers selling by babz media? Another account with only feedback of 459 you reckon its the same person??
  15. Finer Threads

Finer Threads

Just read this on a piston heads business forum
    I may have visited BAbz new warehouse recently for little spy tactics very small indeed. Around 9000sqf.We do 1/5 the business and currently fill a 50,000sqf warehouse a lot of small. We are even soul importers of some of his products and yet he's cheaper! We can't even compete. This company must be stopped. Unless its simply a ploy to get his postage costs down by shipping small things at costs etcPuzzles my brain. When I visited there warehouse for the evening there were around 2 employees packing and tonnes of pallets of stock outside.They sell mail light packaging something that would take a lot of storage and there were no we're near enou cases to cover orders that appear on there eBay. Plus they also have another eBay store doing 30,000 transactions a month! Plus there amazon and site and BAbz that's near enough 200,000-250,000 transactions there is no way it's legal in any form. There were no pick ups in the period of time i sat there...
  16. Andy777

Andy777

ha-ha, nice one!

No, I'm too old for this now! ;)
    Dan likes this.
  17. Andy777

Andy777

I'd say you were in a wrong warehouse? Or that they have multiple warehouses?

Or what you're trying to say - that they make those sales out of thin air? use dropshippers?
  18. Finer Threads

Finer Threads

That wasnt actually myself who went was just reading that off another forum. I dont know what they are doing. But whatever they are they doing damn well.
  19. Dean

Dean

That's a lot of assumption by whoever wrote that. Its already been suggested that they possibly have more than one warehouse. And the author bases their statements of "there is no way it's legal in any form" and "This company must be stopped" on what exactly? Smacks of a desperate competitor to me!
    Andy777 likes this.
  20. Andy777

Andy777

lol, yes - especially this line:

Why? As long as they pay taxes and everything - they're free to do whatever they want! Be it 100 warehouses and 1 employee!