1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Backlinking

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by mattee77, Mar 23, 2013.

1. mattee77

mattee77

I have a Webstore and a Blog with articles linking to my site, question is what would be the best method in backlinking to hopefully increase my SERP results. Am i better posting links on relevent sites to my blog articles or direct to my webstore.....or does it not make a blind bit of difference.
  2. uniqbuy

uniqbuy

Direct to your webstore unless you want to promote your blog more than store. Why didn't you just put both the store and blog on same domain?
    mattee77 likes this.
  3. mattee77

mattee77

I have, i am refering to an exact catagory link or the related blog post. rather than just the domain
  4. Gary

Gary

I would say to mix it up depending on where you're posting, as I would assume that you would also have links from your blog post to your store categories / products where relevant, so say for example, you have written a blog post which is a 'how to' guide within your niche, you could link to that from relevant sources (ie. blogs / forums where people are asking for information within that niche), as this would be more fitting than posting direct to the category / product, whereas obviously if the question is 'anyoine know where I can get' then link to the product / category, relevance is key when it comes to backlinks these days, and remember, if posting links on forums or blogs always ensure to check the rules first or you could find them being removed (possible even along with your account), and don't do too many at a time, as again, if they do not look generic / natural, you may find yourself being penalised which is obviously the opposite of what you want to achieve.

Hope this helps.
    Lace and mattee77 like this.
  5. eAuction

eAuction

One of the best ways it to do some guest blogging for other websites in return for a link back to your site.
  6. mattee77

mattee77

Great advise.... Thanks
  7. youronlinestuff

youronlinestuff Banned Member

do keyword research - find relevant high volume low competition searches
    download seo quake browser plugin
    google search your niche + "comments"
    check PR of pages with seo quake
    post a decent comment on any page with comments that has PR1+
    html link to your site with a keyword

also try submitting decent press releases to relevant news sites or use a PR distribution service.
    there are loads of ways to get good backlinks to your site
    mattee77 likes this.