Ballpark figure for SEO over a year?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by photor245, Mar 17, 2012.

1. photor245

photor245

Can anyone give me a 'ball park' figure as to how much they would pay for seo in the 1st year of setting up an internet company
    £300 a month ? more /less ?
    6 months more/less

i know its a tricky one and depends on the size of company ?
  2. ndistribution

ndistribution

How much you should expect to spend on SEO depends on many things; the competition in the niche you're selling in, the amount of keywords you want to rank for, and whether or not your site is already optimised or not.

For 2-3 keywords in a medium competition niche, you can probably expect to pay around £100-200, depending on who you go with.

I wouldn't recommend going with any of the SEO agencies who cold call - they tend to charge pretty high prices. I found some decent SEO companies who I outsource SEO work to via Elance.

That said, SEO turned into a bit of a hobby of mine, so I do like to do a fair chunk of SEO work myself.
  3. megadanny1

megadanny1

I personally wouldn't pay more than £100 a month because i can do most of it myself and outsource the rest directly
    unless it was justified by a highly competitive niche
  4. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

Spot on.
  5. chrisbawden

chrisbawden

On the first year of our business we spent about £350 per month for the first 8 months. We got no results as the company we used were terrible.

So i switched to another company increased payments to £450 a month and within 2 months we seen immediate results.

These days we spend £2k ex vat a month on seo and our results are amazing.

I would certainly stay at the lower end to start £250-£350 a month. One thing to make sure, demand results from the company you use.

Demand reports, you are paying them for a service don't let them just do things and forget about it. If they say they are creating x amounts a links a month you want to see the links. If they say they are releasing x amount of PR again you want to see these when written and also the websites they are posted on.

Their are a lot of excellent SEO companys, but to be honest my opinion is their are more bad ones! Just from experience.
  6. photor245

photor245

Great advoce thanks...
    With all that said, can anyone recomend an SEO company who they have used, or someone via elance?
  7. Anthony

Anthony

Some good advice here.

Fees will vary dependent on the keywords you are chasing and the type/history of the provider. Initially I would go with a small agency or an individual as I think you're going to struggle to command a larger agency with your budget. Make sure you get a few case studies or recommendations, it's important somebody else can vouch for their work.
  8. DarrenSpeed

DarrenSpeed

I would personally spend your £300 budget on paid media personally. Get results much quicker and can rapidly expand when you have worked out a winning formula.
  9. start-small-think-big

start-small-think-big

Have sent you a PM

Matt