1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Banned Member

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by zednero, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zednero

zednero

So i take it banned member means they are banned, but how do you get banned, someone who i was talking to yesterday is now banned, anyone know as to why?

Chris.
  2. sjwtrade

sjwtrade

There are many ways to get banned.
    Il start the list

Offensive threads
  3. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Advertising without paying
  4. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

Spamming
  5. sjwtrade

sjwtrade

Bribing mods
  6. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Scamming.
  7. sjwtrade

sjwtrade

8. zednero

zednero

would such persoon be banned for offering me a service through pm? and would they be scamming?
  9. sjwtrade

sjwtrade

They are not allowed to pm any service or sell goods without a paid membership.
  10. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Offering products or a service through PM is against the rules and yes a member would be banned for it.
  11. zednero

zednero

ahhhh so that explains the message i got from ron and why he's probably banned :D, so should i not take the service he is providing?
  12. Pete

Pete

If they are not a paid advertiser and they contacted you with a sales proposal through email or PM they most definitely would be banned.

You are told repeatedly of you read any of the threads to avoid transactions with anyone not officially a paid advertiser and there are dozens of horror stories from those who have disregarded that advice.

Further, as a service to others on the forum, you should make the mods aware you have been approached in that manner, as someone probably did in this case.

This is one of the best forums on the net, definitely the best in the wholesale sources arena and it is up to the members to help police it and keep the scammers out. If you hooked up with this person, made a deal and got screwed, you'd be right back here bitching about it. At least many do.

It is to everyone's benefit to report these contacts and get rid of those who can't play by the rules. Keep in mind it they cheat the forum rules, what's to stop them from cheating you? :)
  13. zednero

zednero

thankyou, i didn't realise.... and i wonder who reported him? cos i didn't know it wasn't allowed, well thanks for clearing that up for me.... but i still think people should add to the list to let others be aware of this :D
  14. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Probably other members who were offered services.
  15. zednero

zednero

oh right, good job someone knew :D, so what should i say to him now, im waiting on an email from him, to let me know what to do next.....

Chris
  16. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Ignore him :)
  17. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Who is he and what is he offering?

I'm sure there is a paid advertiser that can offer you the same.

How trustworthy would this person be? He breaks the rules by not having a paid advertising membership and if his services were that great then why wouldn't he pay to advertise on here, he would sure get alot more work.

Tell him you don't want his services / ignore him - anything but buy his services.
  18. zednero

zednero

ok will do icky, he was offering to do webhosting, open cart and set it up for me for 33 quid then 38 every year after, i just thought he was being competetive :( arrrggh! lol, im such a pleb sometimes :p :D
  19. Michael

Michael

There are forum advertisers that can offer hosting and cart set up for the same price, paid advertisers go through many checks when they sign up to minimise the risk of you getting your fingers burnt.
  20. zednero

zednero

what for 33? from the people i spoke to thats the cheapest by about 20 quid :D Chris.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.