1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Banned Member

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by zednero, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

Ohh well, hope he learned a lesson. HE's always sounded like a nice guy. Hope its just a temporary ban, but the mods know better.

Cheers!
  2. Redders

Redders

If hes cheaper than everyone else then take him up on it, whats the problem?

He's broke the rules and been banned then thats fair enough. If hes cheaper than people on here and they dont like it then tough. If you trust the service he is offering then go for it.

There seems an unwritten rule that people should use the advertisers on here and take it as gospel that they are the best thing since sliced bread. Its certainly a good place to learn from people and pick up the odd bargain, but its only a minute percentage of whats available.
  3. Pete

Pete

What's the problem?

Several.

These sort of folk seem to have a sort "lifespan". Not only is he here today and gone tomorrow on TWF, that will be the pattern with his business ventures. Seen it over and over.

If he cheats here, he's going to cheat at other things as well.

And price-wise, he has quoted several people a price exactly ONE POUND per year less than what I offer hosting at. I'd imagine that even you, having the choice of doing any sort of deal with a 5 year forum member with many customer recommendations or someone who has been booted from the forum whose only offering is 1 pound less, would chose the proven source.

Saajan and myself have been competing for years for forum members business. There have been others come and go, but we are still at it, at very competitive prices. Why pass by a proven commodity for a pound a year?
  4. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Picture this:

You are a community advertiser on here, you pay your fees every year, and you work hard to make evry penny count for your business.

A community member comes along. He offers the same services as yours, cheaper, but PMs potential customers on here, behind your back, and behind everyone elses back.

I think if you had given consideration to the above before you posted, you would have chosen your words a little more wiser.

I can also assure you that there is no 'unwritten rule'. Nobody forces anybody to use any of the advertisers on here. The fact of the matter is, whislt on here, you can only sell if you have a piad membership. Simple really!
  5. zednero

zednero

Hey hey hey everyone, i didn't mean to spark an arguement :D. and i think i am going to go with pete's services now, as i can pay monthly, also i have noticed that this said person seems to be trying to rush me into doing a deal, which sort of makes me not wnt to deal with him, he keeps sending emails, that seem like they need an immediate answer. well i have just ignored him now, although very friendly in his manner, i think its just put me off the idea of using his services. i think you get carried away very easily when people want quick replys, its a good job i fell asleep last night and had a think about it before i put in for an order and regretted it. i think people are right, if hes cheating now what stops him from cheating again? and as for the competition on these forums, its very friendly, no-one says who is better, or says the other is bad, and if they think the other offers a better service for what you need they put you in the right direction of a better source. :D hopefully if he does come back he will learn to pay his fees for advertising legit services :D, i do think there needs to be a pinned post for everyone to see about what can get you banned, so its easier for new and old members alike to know what they can and cant do, the t's and c's may have been forgotten :D. and all of you saying "so what" smile and chillax, its done now and they have been punished. Happy days everyone :D

Chris.
  6. Anthony

Anthony

Chris (zednero), fact of the matter is that you should not have entertained the notion of dealing with a non-advertiser, to do so, violates our terms and I understand one of my colleagues has informed you of this already. It defies the security procedures we try to enforce for all members to not advise us when activities are taking place that are threatening the very same principles we work hard to maintain. Hopefully this is a lesson you will heed moving forward.

As far as the member banned is concerned (double.act), we are reviewing what has taken place and will make a decision on their eventual status here at a later date. They are currently suspended because we believe (and have evidence that supports) that activities involving the sale of services have taken place.

Regular members will know that we cannot and certainly will not relinquish our responsibilities as far as enforcing our terms go. Whether the member responsible has recently joined or has an established presence, the way that they are dealt with is no different. We cannot accept members inter-trading with each other when the party doing the selling is not a registered advertiser.

Thank you.
  7. Redders

Redders

Of course even I would choose someone with an established reputation, but not everybody is the same.

I was aware when I typed the post it may annoy some advertisers and I dont blame you for being p.issed off with him, its simply not cricket.

However, the OP may well have chosen to use him outside the spectrum of the forum. "whats the problem" with that? The fact he advertised without a license makes him no less qualified to carry out the work, its just a shame that hes been an idiot. An advertising license cant cost that much surely :\

Either way, Im sure now he's been banned you guys that pay for a license can sleep better at night.
  8. Pete

Pete

You've been here 2 months. I've been here 5 years. And I honestly don't worry about competition, legal or otherwise. I welcome it, and have said so many times.

But, what I have seen in those 5 years that you simply haven't been here long enough to have seen is the dozens of people who have worked deals with these "offsite sellers" and been stung. I'm not talking about "pocket change" hosting, I'm talking about big bucks deals gone sour. Take their money and run sort of things.Simply out and out scammers.

Not just the "double acts" who have been here awhile, but someone with just enough posts to PM people sticking a few folks and getting banned and moving on.

I came here to help people. I was here a couple of years before I offered the first product, before becoming an advertiser myself. And I came from a similar forum in the US that got beaten into the dirt by just the kinds of things Anthony makes it a point to avoid - all of these "I've got a deal for you, mate" kinds of sucker plays.

I joke a lot about maybe making enough to afford a happy meal at McDonalds, but truth be told a hosting account now and again is not going to make me or break me. Simply seeing another forum member get screwed bothers me more than missing that happy meal.

When you deal with a cheater or a crook, you are very possibly the next victim. Simple as that.
  9. Redders

Redders

Surprised it took so long for someone to mention that :)

Thats one of the problems with forums.
  10. Pete

Pete

No, I did not mean it as you are a newbie and I know it all. You may be a grizzly veteran of retail wars.

I only mentioned it in relation to this - "But, what I have seen in those 5 years that you simply haven't been here long enough to have seen is the dozens of people who have worked deals with these "offsite sellers" and been stung. I'm not talking about "pocket change" hosting, I'm talking about big bucks deals gone sour. Take their money and run sort of things.Simply out and out scammers"

I've been here and seen it over and over, and you have not been here, so you could not have seen it. Just that simple.

Not saying I know more, have done more, look better, am smarter, any of that. Just that in the case of usually newbies being taken advantage of by unauthorized sellers, I've been here to witness it and obviously you have not.

No superiority / inferiority inferred. We continue to attract very knowledgeable "newbies" with years of experience and much to contribute. Everyone has to start sometime. Not rubbing it in, just stating the obvious, you do not have the long-term perspective I have. (in this matter).
  11. dcon

dcon

This post could go on and on............ Fact is a forum rule has been broken,now its up to Anthony to sort out,end of I say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.