Beetailer - Facebook shop is working for me!

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by mark willoughby, Mar 23, 2013.

1. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Hi all, I just wanted to share my recent experience with my new facebook shop. I started on eBay and like most i ventured into FB to spread the ebay listings. I also sell loads of stuff like my daughters old toys and stuff to heavy to post on local selling sites on FB. i started looking at these sites thinking how can i direct people from thems to my ebay account and i then discovered Beetailer http://www.beetailer.com/ and found it really easy to set up a shop on facebook free and post items. It all looks really proffesional and you can have 30 products listed free.It connects to Pay Pal and is all really smooth.

I would be very greatful for any advice on spreading facebook pages and any other tricks people use to promote their page.

Many thanks
    Dave likes this.
  2. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

very easy to start up and upload products - free version well worth it
    mark willoughby likes this.
  3. Volantary

Volantary

Not that I'm a cynical person but that post does smack of advertising...

If you're not advertising, how many sales have you actually got from your facebook shop and how did you go about it? A lot of stories I've read about involve people putting hours into these sorts of things for essentially bugger all return.
  4. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Hi there, not sure what your getting at, i was just trying to share my experience and express my pride about what i have learned in the past couple of weeks. Not really advertising just chatting really ;)
  5. shopafrolix

Nor me. Have tried several facebook shops and this one is them easiest to use
  6. Gary

Gary

I can understand how you may have thought that as often similar posts are advertising, but I'm satisfied that isn't the case on this occasion as the website mentioned is registered in California and the OP's IP is from the UK
    Volantary and mark willoughby like this.
  7. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

8. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Thank you Lace that has given me a couple of ideas. I especially like the chap posting pics of his Dog. We have a big Fluffy Husky called charlie who is going to be my next posting for sure. :)
  9. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

10. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Thank you Lace, How would i do that please?
  11. manishp100

manishp100

Thanks for this post.

You will not believe how many times I have tried to figure out how to open a facebook shop with my fanpage (I like to find out the information myself before asking people lol)

Do you, or anyone else, know of any other ways to open a shop? - is there more companies than beetailer who offer a similar solution? - Ideally I would like to list more than 30 products for free if possible :)
  12. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

There are a few that i have tried, i simply typed FB Shop app into google. I to would like to list more than 30 products eventually but am just getting to grips with it and building a fan base on the page.
  13. Dean

Dean

There are others. All the Payvment stores got shifted over to www.ecwid.com and another mentioned on the forum recently was www.storeya.com

I never had any luck with Payvment, even offering prices 10% cheaper than my website, people still went to the website and paid full price! I've now created a custom 'Shop Now' tab at the top of my Facebook page that when clicked redirects directly to my website.
  14. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

I did try ecwid before finding Beetailer but found it really sketchy and didn't get on with it.
  15. Dean

Dean

How does a Facebook user access your Facebook store at the moment? Do you have a tab at the top that they click on to go to the store front?
  16. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Exactly that, i have also made a highlight of the tab on the page to make it a bit more noticeable as it is rather inconspicuous i think. I then share that link elsewhere so people do not necessarily even need to visit the page to get to the store. Now i just need to put some products in the store lol
  17. shopafrolix

how do you set up a tab/link to your store ??
  18. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

On the dashboard of the shops page you simply have to add your pages URL. you have to off added the app to your page first.
  19. Dean

Dean

So why bother with a 3rd party app at all? Just set up a tab that goes directly to your website.

20. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Because i do not have a website.
    Dean likes this.