1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Best advertising for £5k budget

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by angelsix, Jan 26, 2012.

1. angelsix

angelsix

Ok heres the short of it - I have a very popular eBay customer base, over 400 orders a day now and growing. I've recently released our new website <mod edit: removed url>and want to get it promoted as it is cheaper than the eBay items, Game, HMV and Play.com for all items that we sell that match their sites.

As I have never had to advertise any of my sites or work (as customers have always found me) I must admit even though a seasoned web developer and software developer etc... I am pretty useless at advertising.

I have launched the site less than a week ago and already had I suppose a good set of sales (over £2k in 6 days), but compared to the 400+ sales on eBay a day it seems incredibly small - I guess kind of obviously though as I haven't even advertised.

I have started posting on twitter and facebook some basic messages about sales, but to be honest I am willing to spend several k to advertise the site if needs be and would like some advice from experts on the best way to spend a budget on effectively promoting the site.

We sell mainly console and controller modifications, but as of yesterday are slowly expanding into games and consoles too - our prices and plan are always the same - our products will always be cheaper than Play, HMV and Game at a minimum, which they are, so really if people find the site they should buy from a price perspective, but its getting the people to go there that is the issue.

I have just started adding flyers into all our eBay sales so that should get some 5000 flyers out to the public every few weeks offering all new shoppers £10 free with no minimum spend, but I want to advertise more and fast.

I guess this rather long message is basically asking for the best ways to advertise a site that is expanding into games and consoles but also offers a unique set of products aimed at customizing and modifying controllers and consoles.
  2. Nick-D

Nick-D

Some of your products have very nice niche markets, i would find out where on the web they are hanging out and target them there. Hunt out gaming forums and see what you can do to advertise there etc.
  3. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

10 pound free, no minimum spend? YES PLEASE! where do I sign up?
    Dan likes this.
  4. angelsix

angelsix

Yes I have a fairly unique market. I thought of advertising on gaming forums, but I thought that might be a bit "spammy" and be a little negative on promoting it professionally, or would it be more of ad-word style advertising you refer too?

ResellerLad : The £10 free is for all previous customers who by off our eBay account angelsixuk :)
  5. Nick-D

Nick-D

I meant contact the owners, run competitions with them etc. Get your brand out there
  6. angelsix

angelsix

Yeah good idea - I already sponser 23 gamers, and have given away many free controllers, got thumbsticks with my logo on, tools with it on, and clothing, so contacting site owners isn't a bad idea and offer free give aways and sponsor events.
  7. mitchymoo

mitchymoo

I'd leverage the sales you've already had on ebay using a service called aweber to email your previous customers about your new website, It won't cost anywhere near what you're looking to spend and it should be pretty productive if the customers you've had in the past on ebay have recieved good service from you. You can even throw in a voucher code and do it with future ebay sales.
    Here's a thread by Vicky (Ladyvgw) that tells you all about it:
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/threads/i-love-aweber.144954/#post-1000114

Any questions though just give me a shout and I'll talk you through it!

Jacob
    angelsix and ladyvgw like this.
  8. Volantary

Volantary

Aweber had better start paying their advertising membership to TWF with all the press they get :p
    mitchymoo likes this.
  9. mitchymoo

mitchymoo

10. angelsix

angelsix

Never knew about that. Signed up and linked it into PayPal so all purchases should get sent the emails and the right info presuming I have set it up correctly. I will test it by buying from myself, but already got 28 messages sent out according to the home page stats. Will be very interesting to see if it works... that could massively market the site with next to no work at all :)
  11. mitchymoo

mitchymoo

Exactly! As long as the emails you have aweber send, offer your eBay customers something they are are likely to need or want, you should be onto a winner. Btw if there's a post that helps you, or that you like, please feel free to press the like button. Who bows you may get one back in return!