1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Best equipment for pop-up retail stand in a shopping centre

Discussion in 'Retail' started by paul_xedos, Jul 22, 2016.

1. paul_xedos

paul_xedos

Hi,
    I have existing ecommerce and Amazon / Ebay sites but due to a severe recent drop off in sales I'm looking to dry direct selling with a pop up stand in shopping centres. Ideally, I'd like to make the format repeatable to a reseller network and so for a small 1x2m floor space I was thinking roll up banner with the main corporate logo and tag line, a counter to demo the products ( office fitness equipment) with magnetic counter posters containing specific product advertising), card reader ( iZettle I guess) and some leaflets

I'm a complete newbie to this sort of thing and so would appreciate any advice on best type of kit to buy for a limited budget that is portable and has the best visual impact.
    Also, is it better to concentrate on one main product and focus everything around that or have a range of products and risk diluting the message?

In fact, any advice you have on selling in shopping centres I'll willingly take

Regards
    Paul
    Cody likes this.
  2. beacon hill

beacon hill

Good for you for thinking outside the box
    I rent about 10x10 ft floor space at a tourism attraction / visitor centre each weekend, and
    have done so for 9 years. I,ve often mentioned renting floor space on this forum as an option
    to having a high street shop , for there to be pretty much no response

With regards a banner or pop up stand, my supplier made a 5x3 (ish) foot one free of charge,
    as it promoted their products. Maybe yours will help with this.
  3. paul_xedos

paul_xedos

Thanks very much for your reply. That's very interesting about a tourism attraction / visitor centre and not one I would have thought of but I guess the footfall would be high and you're probably catching people in a nice relaxed state where I guess they would be in a mood to consider unusual purchases.

My suppliers are in China so I'll probably look to buy something or maybe make something if I can make it portable enough
  4. Your Business Community

Your Business Community

Paul,

what you offer and the way you offer it is totally down to the space you use.

They key points are to
    • make sure graphics/posters/pop ups sell the sizzle, not the sausage.
    • Ensure whatever displays you use, they are easily constructed and taken apart (assuming there is no longevity in your tenancy)
    • Make sure you have public liability insurance - you may already have this for your products, but might need an extension due to method of selling.
    • If your stock is small and valuable, get a locking cabinet
    It is hard to be more specific to without knowing more about the products.
  5. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I've looked into pop ups in retail shopping centres as was very interested as think there was demand for a line of products I was selling. Some shopping centres work with pop up companies...you can't approach the centre as they rent out the space to some companies who then source the space out. Some shopping centres also won't let you sell certain products esspecially if you are competing with a shop within the centre that's sell similar. Obviously there is high footfall in shopping centres so it really isn't as easy as contacting and getting allocated a space just like that + daily rent for the space can be quite extortionate. Some shops within a centre can pay upwards of £150000 a year in rent for their premises so to get an area of the centre with high footfall is still going to be a fair sum, but if you do get your foot in the door then it can be very profitable.
  6. Dean

Dean

Huh? I can't make any sense out of that! It's like a new sentence starts before the last has finished!!
  7. Cody

Cody

Urgh, care for the ban-hammer? Just Googled searched that sentence. Clearly copied from multiple sources. #SpamFail