1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Best Online shop out there at the minute

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by truereddevil, Jun 7, 2015.

1. truereddevil

truereddevil

so I would like to ask people's opinions on the best online shop at the min without too much of a layout cost to begin with,

My budget £500-£1000

I want something that I can comfortably sell 250-2,000 stock items on and would like a site where I can offer loyalty points to keep my customer base and other ideas etc,
    I am not a coder and do not want to get my hands dirty so to speak so something that constantly updates free of charge with brand new features.
    Something that will work with the likes of linn works in the future as I grow my business.
    Something that is very compatible with mobile phones and tablets seeing as more and more people buy this way.

Ones that currently stand out to me blue park being the main one I know it's a little in between on price and the others are cheaper but do u get what you pay for?
    1.http://www.bluepark.co.uk/
    2.https://www.create.net/
    3.https://www.ekmpowershop.com/
    4.http://www.freewebstore.org/
    5.https://www.prestashop.com

Anyway I would like to hear other people's advice and thanks for any help

Regards Rick
  2. Dean

Dean

BigCommerce integrates fully with Linnworks and has responsive templates that work on mobile phones.
    Linn Systems likes this.
  3. psxgamer

psxgamer

In this case you only have 1 option and that go for a hosted shopping cart solution. So you'll pay a monthly subscription, and maybe a small fee on your sales. But you will never have to worry about any updates.

By the way you don't have have to be a coder. I have no coding skill whatsoever and even if I say it myself my site looks damned good. It's not that you have to do constant updates. As you know I use Opencart. OC version 2 has been released. I'm still on OC 1.5.4.1. I've done several upgrades in the past but my site now has the look and feel as I always wanted it. So don't plan any upgrades in the next years so come and see no reason to upgrade to version 2.
  4. Virtual Phone Numbers

Virtual Phone Numbers

Aren't the upgrades for security vulnerabilities and the like? Would it affect the appearance of the website?
  5. psxgamer

psxgamer

Most security vulnerabilities have been closed in previous versions. you hardly ever read somethin about hacked OC websites.

Though there 's a huge technical difference between OC1 en OC2. There's no upgrade script available. you could easily upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 but not from version 1 to 2. There are ways do to it but not with an automated upgrade script.

Biggest difference is that the standard OC template is responsive, the interface at the back has a new look and OC should work faster out of the box compare with the previous version. The rest is most technical stuff that 's Chinese for me.

So if you're new to OC it's best to go for OC2. If you have an older version just keep with it and don't just update for the sake to update. If you plan to use some extentions, first make sure they are available for your OC version.
  6. shaununo

shaununo

I am currently playing around with Cubecart, A London based company, it's open source and free and very good.

https://www.cubecart.com/
  7. RichardAtVeeqo

RichardAtVeeqo

Woocommerce is free and lets you adapt your Wordpress account.

With your budget you could try Shopify. I wrote an article recently where Shopify users shared their advice for starting up.
    I would paste it but i've only just joined haha
  8. Parcelhub.co.uk

Parcelhub.co.uk

Best online shop, both on and off-site: http://www.mvmtwatches.com

Best eCommerce platform: either Magento or WooCommerce in terms of flexibility. In terms of ease of use for beginners, Shopify.
  9. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi Rick,

I have always used freewebstore simply because its simpe, flexible and relatively cheap. It does everything I need it to and everything is very easy to follow. Can't fault their service :)
  10. Mimi.Lux

Mimi.Lux

[mod edit - removed huge wall of unreadable capital letters - if you wish to repost in a readable, mature manner, please do so in the bad supplier experience forum]
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
  11. Dean

Dean

@Mimi.Lux - please don't post long ranting posts in capital letters. If you have something to say then repost it in a mature manner in the bad supplier experiences thread.
  12. Mimi.Lux

Mimi.Lux

This is a place to review and honestly speak on your experience and pass personal advice on different website!!! just because you are an endorser of freewebstore does not mean i will not advocate for the truth for other small business & start up like myself who need honest unsponsored non-marketed reports and reviews on website platforms to consider and not consider. So please do not tell me what i should and shouldn't write in my review!! focus on your own life and your own review since you feel my post is irrelevant to you it is essential and much needed to others and the world of world wide web.
    irrespective of how long my comment was or whether it was written in capital letters, I gave specific, detailed clear cut points of why the platform freewebstores is horrible and that was my review which i am entitled to just like anyone else on this forum.... and guess what?? mature people are WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! lol
    i don't know where you were schooled but capital letters are for emphasis not for children as you immaturely insinuated. stop coming on here as an employee of freewebstore to attack other people. this is a forum is for people like me who can offer unbiased,honest and clear reviews for people considering credible web platforms which freewebstore is not one. i am not here to endorse or sooth you companies ego.
  13. psxgamer

psxgamer

Never heard of Netiquette?????

CAPITAL LETTERS = SHOUTING!!!

"just because you are an endorser of freewebstore"

Dean is one of the volunteers moderating this forum. He has got nothing to do with freewebstore

"stop coming on here as an employee of freewebstore to attack other people"

Who is attacking who? Seems as you are are reacting on a very aggressive way to someone that gave you some friendly advice

"mature people are WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! lol"

The way you rant and the way you reacted on Deans advice doesn't make you sound as a mature person

This is a business forum where business minded people try to help out each other and don't SHOUT. If you want to make part of this community I would advice to first go to the introductions section. Introduce yourself, tell who you are and what you do. And afterwards as Dean says go to the bad suppliers section and write you review on a mature way.
    ladyvgw likes this.
  14. Dean

Dean

I have nothing to do with freewebstore - I am an unpaid voluntary moderator of this forum.

It is considered rude and bad form to type everything in capital letters on forums. It also makes posts more difficult to read.

I suggest you wind your neck in before your posting privileges on this forum are revoked.
    Cody, Ross, psxgamer and 1 other person like this.
  15. Aulola UK Wholesale

Aulola UK Wholesale

Choose an open source eCommerce software is better.
    I am not a coder too, but also played with magento/prestashop/joomla/spotify/opencart/woocommerce/zencart. You can buy themes and third party plugins, e.g. themeforest.net has many excellent themes.

My company has 5 websites, 3 are powered by magento, 1 powered by zencart, and 1 powered by prestashop. Magento is more powerful but harder to start with, prestashop is my favorite.
  16. 0754ben84

0754ben84

You have 2 posts to your name and you think you can come on here and shout the odds?

Never heard of first impressions?

You're nothing but an internet troll that has just wrecked your reputation on here in 2 posts.

I wouldn't bother posting again if I was you.
    ladyvgw likes this.
  17. 0754ben84

0754ben84

We don't really get involved with commerce shop platforms apart from Woo Commerce and Magento but we always customise to suit the client.

Generally though we build everything from scratch when we do commerce solutions.

That being said, I hear shopify success stories all the time.
  18. Marek Bober

Marek Bober Banned Member

The best would be Saas based system for professional online sellers. Even the best front end will not do the job if there are professional features missing on backend.
    Attracting customers is one thing but how you serve them, inform them, how reliable are you as product source, this is another story. I have heard many success stories about other platforms. It is great to see that that start-ups grows since sooner or later they chose Saas based solution for professionals.