1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Beware - Mobiles and Escrow Scam - Italy and USA

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by LJS Trading, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJS Trading

LJS Trading

BE WARNED-FAKE ESCROW AND MOBILE PHONE SCAM FROM ITALY AND USA

I have recently been caught up in a scam for which I lost £984.00 via a Moneygram transaction due to a fake escrow company and mobile phone wholesaler, both of who could be the same person. I will give you full details in order to investigate the persons involved before anyone else loses money in the same way. I will explain the circumstances so be careful if you come across these cowboys. If anyone has already ad experience with them, please let me know.

A few months ago contacted a company in Italy called Hansol SRL run by a man named Mr Freddy Peter as I was interested in buying some mobile phones for a new small business that I was to set up. He may also be known as John Tucker or Alan James and uses the following two addresses in Italy:
    Freddy Peter, Via Sargato 38, Rome, 00100, Italy, Tel: 39-020-756234, Fax: 39-020-756521, Email: peterfreddy20005@yahoo.com
    John Tucker, Via Ragussa 10, Rome, 00100, Italy
    His agent whom I paid the money via Moneygram is known as Alan James, Via Cardinal Caprara 25, Italy, 00167, Email: alanjamesme23@yahoo.com
    Having now done more checks, Alan James is the registrant of the domain name OnlineWorldDelivery.com which recently changed from Online-Deliverys.com.
    This company known as World Delivery Inc has the following address: 766 Chestnut St # 3, 94070, San Carlos, USA.

I made an agreement with Mr Freddy Peter for some mobile phones with a total value of 1315 euros which he said he would leave with the OnlineWorldDeliverys.com who he trusted as an escrow company. I would receive a tracking number and should send the funds via Moneygram to his agent Alan James where the funds would stay until I had checked the merchandise. However, although I received full details and tracking number, my money was taken by Alan James, no merchandise has arrived and all communication went cold. The tracking number is connected to a database and is fake as is the whole transaction. I have attached a copy of the first response from OnlineWorldDeliverys.com with tracking number, details etc. I will not be the first or the last person to be scammed by these people but I want to get them stopped.
  2. blipszyc

blipszyc

Sorry to hear about you being scammed and thank you for sharing for others.
  3. kingster147

kingster147

Sorry to hear about that... thank you for warning us about the company..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.