Blog networks/article syndication sites: anyone using them?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Dorey, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Dorey

Dorey

Blog Networks/Article syndication sites - Anyone use them?

Hi there fellow TWFers,

Do any of you use SEO blog networks and/or article syndication sites? I have been pondering over this kind of backlink building for a while and it would be great to get some user reviews if any of you do use the likes of:

Article Marketing Automation
    ArticleRanks
    Buildmyrank - (seen good reviews on this one)
    Linkvana
    Myarticlenetwork
    etc..

If any of you use multiple ones, which do you consider the best? I have noticed that Buildmyranks allow you to outsource the article writing straight to them for just $2.50 each as well which sounds brilliant. :Clap:

Thanks,
    Charlie.
  2. Dorey

Dorey

Re: Blog Networks/Article syndication sites - Anyone use them?

anyone at all shed some light on these services?
  3. Rhys Davies

Rhys Davies

While these services can work, long term, you're just shooting yourself in the arm.

1) It's blackhat SEO.

2) Google hates SEO done like this and you risk all your rankings.

3) It's SPAM.

4) All those services are overpriced for what you get.

Saying that, if you don't mind any of that... they all actually work just as good as each other. Regards of what anyone says, they all use the same process behind the scenes.

Pricing means nothing as this method of doing SEO is unreliable. There are some of these networks that charge $247 a month and other $97 - you will never see better results consistently.

I know 2 owners of the above sites and only a small portion of there customers see any dramatic increase in rankings. Were talking 1%.

You would get more value sending a product to a relevant blogger and ask them to review it. They will include a backlink to you and that 1 link will be worth 1000 x more than 1 million links from those networks. ( as it's an editorial link ).

Plus because it's relevant... you would more than likely get a few sales from people reading the blog post.
  4. Dorey

Dorey

Re: Blog Networks/Article syndication sites - Anyone use them?

Hi Rhys,

Thanks very much for your comments.

I do agree that is can be considered "black-hat", I am not "for" this and I am aware it is becoming increasing less effective as Google becomes "smarter" as it were.

However, I am not with regards to "Spam" - especially with Buildmyranks, where all posts must be manually approved by either the site owner or a moderator of the network before going live - I believe BMR is more grey-hat than black-hat. The quality of the links built on this network in particular (they claim) are on blogs between PR1-6 (not page but domain).

Do you personally use any blog networks etc as a portion of your SEO efforts?

Thanks,
    Charlie.
  5. Rhys Davies

Rhys Davies

Hey Charlie,

You are right with the fact that they must be approved... BUT posting a article on hundreds of blogs for the mere fact of getting backlinks on blogs that are soley created for services like these would be considered spam.

As you most probaly know, you article gets posted on blogs that get 100+ other articles posted on them daily. They aren't created to help people find something, or help people learn something... just the pure fact to get backlinks created.

With that said, I have used these services in the past. Actually, most SEO companies do aswell, but the trick is to not point the links in the article directly to your site. If you do that, you're asking to be removed from the search engines.

What you should do is point them to what the industry calls "Feeder Sites"

Basically that's setting up a page on squidoo or whatever and have that page describe your product etc and have it link to your main site.

The PR link juice flows from the blog networks to the squidoo page and then onto your main site.

If for whatever reasons google notices what's going on, it will only de-rank your squidoo page. Not harming you're main site.

As for what service to use, I would actually recommened SEOLinkVine by Brad Callen.

Plus you pay for that service via Clickbank, so if you don't see any increase of rankings within 60 days, you can 100% get your money back.
  6. Dorey

Dorey

That's quite a good idea with regards to the "feeder" sites, and hadn't thought about that my-self. Is any link juice lost when going through these feeder sites?

I am aware the services like SEOLinkVine etc post to 100's of different blogs in order to get backlinks. This is why I don't like the sound of them as it certainty will be considered Spam.

However, again, this is why I quite like the idea of Buildmyranks. Your article must be manually approved and each article is only submitted to 1 (High PR) site. In my opinion, this wouldn't be considered as spam. Every article is unique and of average-high quality and therefore (in my opinion), should be considered "grey-hat" rather than black-hat as the content isn't so much spammy, but is still deceiving Google in order to get backlinks and as you say, no-one actually reads the content.

What I have done which I think is quite a good idea; is I have decided to try out BMR, I will post back with any results I get in the next couple of weeks to see if I get any positive results with regards to my rankings. Prior, BMR, I have been hovering consistently around 8-10 on page 1 for my main keyword, I'll see if that positively changes over the coming weeks.

Charlie.
  7. game-tec

game-tec

Pay the extra money, and get links from regulated privately owned networks. They aren't over-spammed, and are quality sites. But you pay for it.
  8. Dorey

Dorey

Services such as:

Portal feeder
    SEO LinkVine elite
    SEO Nitro
    ?

These services are extremely expensive! Off the top of my head it is about £450/month per network? Surely these are only worth it once you have multiple sites to promote for competitive keywords? You also have to stay for a minimum of 12 Months for your links to stay on the network.

Do you use any of these private networks game-tec?

Charlie.
  9. Andy777

Andy777

Charlie, save your money and forget about all this bul***t! Or invest that money in long term, white hat SEO activities.

Rhys said it all already - it's black-hat & spam - it will never work in long term.

SEO is actually much simpler than many people try to make it look - first of all, THINK ABOUT ADDED VALUE, everything else has very little impact. These article networks, filled with crap articles are not adding any value to internet users whatsoever!
  10. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

I have one simple rule when it comes to SEO, focus on human visitors not bot visitors. Sure there is the initial part where you need to get Google "hungry" for your site but that is really easy to do by posting a single post on a high rated site for your niche (call it the indexing post) but after that the structure should be one to encourage the human visitor to read the site which leads to the expanse in visitors (call it the word of mouth effect, obviously needs to be tied in to the indexing post).

This is a very simple breakdown and a lot of my sites have used various other methods, some spammy, some repetitive, some bot focused etc and all work to some degree but my more successful sites are based around the human link trail not the bot ones...