1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Branded Item imported from india or Europe

Discussion in 'Import & Export' started by Frank_C, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C

HI everyone,
    I would like to start a business in which i buy from wholesaler in india or Europe only genuine fashion item in stock.
    I came across a good deal,who consist in buying genuine Timberland jeans who are unlabeled only in the inside part.
    i was wondering if i can have some sort of legal problem considering that i'm not buying from timberland itself but from
    a wholesaler,i don't know if i could run in some problem at the customhouse.
    Would you please tell me more about my concern?
    I came across lot of shops who're selling branded jeans such levi's in ebay but they obviously don't buy from levi's itself but
    from wholesaler or from other purchase channel.
    So my main question is what kind of problem i would have in buying and reselling those item.
  2. Cody

Cody

As far as reselling branded items goes, some big retailers will allow wholesale suppliers to sell/ distribute on their behalf, though this is something that they should clarify to settle any nerves. I guess the issue with your question is, are the products you're getting legit? Unlabelled on the inside doesn't sound too good to me. Why are they unlabelled? Have they been removed?

Perhaps ask for certificates as verification...
  3. Erik

Erik

Hey Frank,

It's fairly common to sell items directly not coming from the brand. The question that you should be having though is if the stocks you will be getting are authentic or not.

There are a lot of suppliers out there claiming they have lots of stocks of the brand, though you have to ensure that the supplier could guarantee that the items are indeed the real thing. As far as we know, suppliers are handed out authenticity certificates from the manufacturer to ensure that they sell real ones. You should ask for a copy of that so you will not get much into trouble, selling wise and money wise.

On the other hand, some brands are really bullish when it comes to selling their goods. They could still have your shop closed down despite selling authentics. Just be mindful of what you sell, you should be fine ;)

All the best!
  4. KW452190

KW452190

@ Erik Does the same apply on Cosmetics? I'm planning to import some branded cosmetics.
  5. KW452190

KW452190

Anything here for me?
  6. Cody

Cody

Hi @KW452190

The same applies to any branded products. They should be verified with some form of authentication, wether this be a certificate, etc.

If you're importing products, make sure to ask for the certificates to settle your worries. Again, very common to not come from the brand directly, but other suppliers instead.
    KW452190 likes this.
  7. KW452190

KW452190

Thank you Cody:)
  8. Girts Kalns

Girts Kalns

I noticed one thing, that many say that they are branded but doesn't mention the same in the invoice or any other official letter. I really doubt on the authenticity of these products.