1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Buegle Facebook store

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by BigRedAnt, Jun 6, 2011.

1. BigRedAnt

BigRedAnt

2. eShop

eShop Banned Member

Never heard of them but certainly there website is not much use for information either.
    What are there prices like?
    what are they offering?

Alistair
  3. BigRedAnt

BigRedAnt

That's what I thought! It's £99 pa + VAT, you get a Facebook Store with amendable banner. Apparently the take credit and debit cards as well as Paypal though, whereas Payvment is Paypal only.

Apart from that I can't see why we should use it instead of Payvment.
  4. eShop

eShop Banned Member

£120 a year is very steep.
    Better off with our Zencart on Facebook, then its whatever payment method you have on your website
    because its actually your shopping cart on facebook and dont have to pay every year for it

Alistair
  5. BigRedAnt

BigRedAnt

We don't have a functioning Ecommerce store yet, but that would be the Ideal solution.
  6. eShop

eShop Banned Member

Hi Anthony

We have a special on just, It would be £199 for both

Alistair
  7. BigRedAnt

BigRedAnt

Can you PM me some details?
  8. freestart

freestart

I am a representative of Buegle which is one Freestart plc's trading names. Freestart have over 15,000 active website clients and over 2,000 Buegle (Facebook Stores). The difference between what we offer and Payvment offer is that we are a UK based company with full UK telephone support included in the price, we also offer a webstore / facebook store package but I am not here to promote but to answer the questions raised in this thread. Our prices are annual as they include all support, hosting and backups. If anyone wants any further details PM me.

Alistair I may be interested in your guaranteed fan services can you PM some details as there may be a partnership opportunity between us that we can work into our client base.
  9. eShop

eShop Banned Member

Hello Mark

Cant pm you as you do not have the required posts but if you click the link in my signature you will be taken to my website where i have a live chat facility

Alistair
  10. venus de milo

venus de milo

hi folks
    any update on this as ive just had a call too and might be interested
  11. eShop

eShop Banned Member

Phone call from who??? certainly no one from Our company called you
    and going by the fact that freestart posted once about 3 months ago
    and are not a community advertiser i would think twice about that.
    Also there charges would put me off

Alistair
  12. venus de milo

venus de milo

from buegle, the original op's querie!!
    just had a call from them and stuck buegle into the wholesale forums search engine and got this thread
  13. greedyboy

greedyboy

Personally I like the idea as an extra site running alongside your existing business/sites.

I might have a punt at only £120 PA it's hardly steep!?!?!?

However I must be able to migrate my products to it via xml feed or similar to make it worthwhile.
  14. eAuction

eAuction

lol, eShop's advice, impartial as ever.
  15. truereddevil

truereddevil

Anybody gone ahead and had a punt on this
  16. richardfoster

richardfoster

Hi all,

new to this forum but I can say that my daughter has signed up with these guys and I've been digging around the setup - how to configure your store, how to add new products etc. So I thought I might add my tuppence worth.

Firstly I'm an ebay trader with a couple of websites, affiliate deals etc. I've also got into using mobile marketing too among other 'routes to market' but the one area I've been skirting around so far is using social networking to both sell and funnel traffic with. So, when my daughter told me about the deal with Buegle, I was interested. In my daughter's case they did cold call her (presumably by noting the details of her ebay shop) and my daughter negotiated the price down to £99 (although it now seems they are already prepared to go to that point and lower) and going on the promises they made (and that in fact they did sound quite genuine), she signed up. They promised her a welcome pack and sure enough within a few days it arrived with her registration details, control panel details etc. My daughter then passed it to me for scrutiny. Sure enough it allows quite a degree of control - you can upload your own graphics, pics etc, set up categories, prices etc and it then offers post sales order processing so all in all it does what it says on the tin - so far anyway.

Next to the pros and cons of facebook as a selling medium and the ways Buegle (Freestart PLC) utilise the 'viral' aspects of social networing...

So far what I've discovered is that whenever anyone buys something via your facebook store - it not only appears on your 'wall' - which is good in that the more sales that appear there, the more impressive it looks and thus instills confidence in new buyers) but also the purchase details appear on the buyers wall too so then of course all their friends should see it - then they will buy, and it appears on their wall - etc etc etc - So, the potential of this is huge but equally may take time to build (haven;t got that far yet!) Another plus is that unlike the ebay feedback function, where bad feedback can not only affect your reputation but also your listing position and therefore your profit, (and we've all experienced the frustration of completely inappropriately bad feedback!) However, because of the way facebook works, If you get a bad comment appear on your wall - you just remove it!

You can also tap into facebook's own paid per click advertising to promote your store.

So my first impression overall is good, they don;t seem to have got off to a good start by their use of cold calling and they seem to have not delivered on occasion (welcome pack not arriving and poor response to emails) but then equally by the very nature of complaints, you only hear the bad ones and if their subscription figures (about 4000 subscribers at this time) are to be believed, they also have a lot of people who have already seen some benefits in signing up with them.

The real question in my mind is about how successful those who are using this app are finding it - how many sales are they making?, how does it compare to ebay sales volumes? website sales volumes etc? So Freestart/Buegle - do yourselves a big favour and get some stats together - give us some examples - I find that if I have a website that sells the same product as I sell on ebay, the website will make about 40% of what sells on ebay - not to be sniffed at but... so what about the Buegle store - 10% of ebay, 20%, 50% - what?

Richard
    James Donovan likes this.
  17. eShop

eShop Banned Member

Hi Richard

Would you mind sharing the link to your store?

Alistair
  18. richardfoster

richardfoster

Hi Alastair,

I haven't made the store live yet as it's my daughters and she's asked me to review it - get to know how it works to help her get going quicker. I taught both my daughters how to run a small mail order business from home - how to import, how to market it - keywords, search engine optimization for ebay etc etc and she's been trading on her own now for about a year and wants to spread her wings a bit more- she's also told my other daughter about the buegle thing so they now both want t know if it's easy to use, worth the effort etc- so being as I've been doing this longer than they have, they tend to use me to check out the technical stuff - functionality, config etc. This is far as I've got so far. However when her store goes live the url will be *************************.

I've gone onto Buegle's facebook page and sent a bunch of messages to people who have already signed up - so far had one reply who stated that it was really easy to set up and that they're adding inventory all the time. I've gone back and asked if they've made any sales yet and if they have, have they met expectations and also if they were previously trading on ebay or from a website etc, how does the Buegle store measure up so far - haven't had a reply yet but I'll let you know when I do.

Richard
  19. richardfoster

richardfoster

One thing I noticed about Buegle's alleged plans for the future is that they plan to / have already introduce(d) the ability for an xml feed - this is particularly good for those running an affiliate, / drop ship offering - you get paid for the item before you have to pay for it, (you never have to stock the item )the goods get delivered direct to the customer and all you have to do is answer questions - ok I know it's not quite that simple but it's interesting to see the bridge between traditional selling, social networking and affiliate marketing.
  20. eShop

eShop Banned Member

Xml is only good if supplier can give that information. Then again all product descriptions still need rewritten.
    Drop shipping has a lot of potential IF more uk suppliers decide to get in on the act.
    Unfortunately not enough doing so at the moment where as the likes of America where it is an in thing.
    As for Buegle there is and will be more companies trying to get a grip on social media selling (us included)
    Facebook and the likes of are still very much in there infancy of potential earnings and when it does take off there
    will be a boom with a very good chance of strong competition to the likes of Ebay etc.

Alistair