Buegle Facebook store

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by BigRedAnt, Jun 6, 2011.

1. richardfoster

richardfoster

Hi Alastair,

good feedback! Forgive me for correcting (perhaps updating?) but I'm an affiliate of a number of well known uk suppliers (Halfords, Maplin, Yoox.com (ok Yoox is not UK!) who offer a full data feed (sometimes admittedly a day or two out of date but often live) including descriptions, stock levels, prices etc.com Anyway interestingly I've also found another site that seems to offer perhaps a fuller range of services (including a facebook store with templates etc but also free templates that include mobile templates - check out ************************************************* - have a look at the options for £15/month

Regards

Richard
  2. richardfoster

richardfoster

I'm going to reply to the Freestart guy who posted earlier in this thread and ask him for comments/comparisons between what buegle offers and this other site
    Regards
    Richard
  3. richardfoster

richardfoster

by the way haven;t checked if volusion offer data feed management

:)
  4. eShop

eShop Banned Member

Thats something we offer with our zencart on facebook

Alistair
  5. GavinM

GavinM

I was also cold called by Buegle and was horrified by their aggressive cold calling technique. Persistently trying to get me to sign up and pay immediately before I even had a chance to evaluate their product.

I would never deal with them, their cold calling techniques made me run a mile before I even had a chance to look at the product.

Their email has virtually no information on the package, there seems to be no virtual demo anywhere. It looks to me like the product that is still being developed and is not completed. How on earth would anyone sign up for something with so little information as to how it works and apparently no demo. Another concern is that their parent company Freestart is one of the more expensive e-commerce solutions. So what'st the betting once they have you on Buegle that the next step is to get you onto Freestart.

For eBay Sellers, I understand that an announcement of a partner ship between eBay & Facebook is on the cards quite shortly which I think is going to make software packages like Buegle obsolete. Perhaps this is why they are frantically trying to get people to sign up because of what is coming down the tracks.

Run a mile !
  6. ScottishSoldier

ScottishSoldier

Gavin

Have you ever worked in telesales before all cold calling techniques are like this for the simple fact that 9 out of 10 people who do go away do not sign up so in telesales its about getting the sale there and then.

If you had maybe asked them to show you the product like perhaps get them to show you the stores online you would of probably been convinced. If someone is genuinely interested and the pitch has been done right or even had the chance to get out rather than just dismissing the idea if you have not even tried it then perhaps you would be open to the idea that this is a great product.

Why show a virtual demo when you can see a fully operational store in the first place. Like every product more and more features get added to them until it is exhausted and a new product comes along. Freestarts websites are one of the cheapest around and its for the fact customers will come back year after year for the professional service and easy to manage websites and stores. And further more buegle is freestart its just what the social media side is called freestart is the parent company.

Ebay already has their ecommerce solution with facebook its a small replica of a customers store which when products want to be bought it links straight back to ebay anyways where there will be commission and listing fees on all products so it defeats the purpose of pulling away from ebay to begin with,
  7. GavinM

GavinM

ScottishSoldier

"Have you ever worked in telesales before all cold calling techniques are like this for the simple fact that 9 out of 10 people who do go away do not sign up so in telesales its about getting the sale there and then"

I am called by people in telesales daily why do you think I have had to work in telesales to know how it works ????

If you had maybe asked them to show you the product like perhaps get them to show you the stores online you would of probably been convinced.

I did, I asked him to show me the product at least 4 times in our 2 conversations. He would not show me it, all I got was something about a demo would be ready soon. I received an email with 2 pictures of a Buegle facebook page.

"If someone is genuinely interested and the pitch has been done right or even had the chance to get out rather than just dismissing the idea if you have not even tried it then perhaps you would be open to the idea that this is a great product."

I was genuinely interested (I've since signed up to a much better product than Buegle with much more functionality) that is why I gave him half an hour of my time to try to find out about the product. He kept on reading general stuff from his script about ebay/facebook/e-commerce telling me virtually nothing about the product he was selling.

I was not given a chance to "try/demo" the product despite telling him several times I wished to do so.

Why show a virtual demo when you can see a fully operational store in the first place

So why did he not show me a fully operational store ? I still would have preferred a virtual demo that I can use the way I want, but failing that it would have been nice to be shown a fully operational store, or a list of stores for me to check. Or could it be that most Buegle facebook store owners are unhappy with the product and not happy to act as referrals

Freestarts websites are one of the cheapest around and its for the fact customers will come back year after year for the professional service and easy to manage websites and stores. And further more buegle is freestart its just what the social media side is called freestart is the parent company.

Why are you plugging Freetart websites in this thread ?, that is off-topic
    I have seen the prices for Freestart websites and I think they are extremely expensive, especially for sellers with very large numbers/ranges of products.
    As regards Buegle, having looked and examined it several times (you have to do all this yourself as the telesales guy just rambles on about facebook/e-commerce/ebay, without ever telling you about Buegle.

"Ebay already has their ecommerce solution with facebook its a small replica of a customers store which when products want to be bought it links straight back to ebay anyways where there will be commission and listing fees on all products so it defeats the purpose of pulling away from ebay to begin with, "

Disagree completely, I'm able to regularly get my eBay customers to buy their next purchase off me from my web site where I have no eBay fees. Facebook is a new way of both pulling customers from eBay into my web site and attracting new customers independently of eBay and my search engine tool software for my web site.

If your going to come on here plugging Freestart/Buegle, you should be honest and state what your own connection to Freestart/Buegle is, at least the other pluggers on here, from what I can see, do state their connections when they are doing a self-plug
  8. planetgirl

planetgirl

TOTAL RIP OFF AND WASTE OF HARD EARNED MONEY
    I got sucked in by the pushy cold calling salesman last year at my busiest time of year.
    This has been a total waste of time for my Ebay business, noone can find me on facebook as you need the silly buegle store address.
    PLEASE BE WARNED
    I got a letter today about my renewal and when I called to cancel they are insistant it is a TWO YEAR CONTRACT. Mr pushy failed to mention that. I had to pay £30 to get put of it.
    You can do anything they do yourself for free on facebook.
    SAVE YOUR CASH FOLKS, STEER WELL CLEAR.
  9. Dean

Dean

They tried to sell to me last year. They said they 'guaranteed' that my sales would increase so I was 'stupid' not to sign up (calling me stupid wasn't the best start to the conversation!). I told them if they were so sure, they could let me test it for free for a month and that obviously once my sales increased I would be more than happy to start paying them! It then turned into "well we can't completely guarantee your sales will increase..."!! It was a very poor sales pitch and I declined their 'offer'.
  10. James Donovan

James Donovan

It was such a strange and knowledge gaining experience to read this thread and its replies. Great discussion goes on.
  11. regularguy

regularguy

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY- COMPLETE RIP OFF
    Their product does not work well. The instructions they give you for their site are not even written for the software they provide you with

They signed me up for an annual service and never tell you it is a two year contract. Just read all the other reviews on them. I can only think that the couple of positive reviews are written by themselves.

As I said, I did not know it was a two year contract as they never mentioned it at all. To add insult to injury they have now charged me for the 2nd year, only 9 months in to the first year. They said they sent a letter which was a notice to charge my card 3 weeks ago but this is not true. They are in breach of contract

They would not talk to me on the phone - a lady called Lynne Fletcher who is the renewals manager: tel: 08447747777 refused to speak to me, leaving her subordinate under her direction to inform me to fill in their online complaints form (which is worrying that they would need one anyway!!!)

On the complaints form I asked her to call me but she just replied saying they were not in the wrong and just to email her if I was not happy.

I have now approached HSBC to refund my transaction. If you have had similar problems, please report them at first to Citizens Advice on +44(0)845 404 0506, it only take a few minutes and the more complaints they get, the more likely it is these guys will stop ripping people off.